Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Computer keeps in freezing every 5 mins and required restart

This is a discussion on Computer keeps in freezing every 5 mins and required restart within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys i recently cleaned out my computer and i used a static wrist band , but i also used

Old 04-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys i recently cleaned out my computer and i used a static wrist band , but i also used a hairdryer which i know was a terrible idea..

Ok so i turned my computer on was running a game everything was fine 1 hour into play , and then my whole system crashed i couldnt do anything but restart my computer my main power button

Then i load up the computer and i get disc error 3 times.

I left my computer off for a while turned it back on it allowed me to load up windows but nothing worked, i.e mouse keyboard.

i restarted again and this time it allowed me to load up a game but crashed a few mins into play it did this several times..

I just took my computer apart and cleaned it again the best i could, it seemed as if some unsmoked tobacco had got inside somehow and there was quite a big clump , i removed it and gave it a good dust out .

Ive turned the pc on and everything seems fine its running the game fine 20 mins in..

I just wondering since this is what you guys do can you figure out what might have caused the problem ?

thanks.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Moderator hardware team

Sounds like a possible heat issue or possible bad fan or possible power supply not enough power or going bad you get the idea. Post the computer specs motherboard CPU Ram Video Cards Make Model Wattage of Power supply how many hard drives CD/DVD drives etc.

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

Graphics Card :ASUS 1GB ATI RADEON HD6770
PSU : Corsair 550W 41A on +12V
Proccessor: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core 2.3GHz x 4
RAM:Kingston 4 Gig ddr2 (PC2-6400) (SPEED-400MHZ)
Motherboard : Asrock K10N78M
Samsung S24A300BL 23.6 Inch Slim LED Monitor
Hardrive : Maxtor STM3320613AS 320GB

Ok so i stripped my pc down cleaned each components, re applied thermal paste, and it seems to be working like before, although i had a slight problem , i was playing Aion , the enemy attacked out maps, and my computer spazzed out, it crashed , game froze mouse stopped working, and sound got stuck , it quickly corrected itself..

when i cleaned out the computer , there was alot of crap in there just to point out..

I honestly beleive its my RAM its whenever alot of crap is going on my ram has a nervous breakdown. thanks any advise would be nice.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
Moderator hardware team

If you think its ram then "test" it with memtest86 download the iso burn a CD and boot the PC with it and let it run through a few passes it will take a few hours depending on the ram. If its bad it normally fails pretty quick in the cases I have seen

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Old 04-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
Registered Member

dont have any cds :(
Old 04-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
Moderator hardware team

It also fits on a floppy and I know a bootable USB stick can be made its on the site
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Gear in this thread