Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Acer veriton M2610 raid problem

This is a discussion on Acer veriton M2610 raid problem within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi, i urgent need some help for this case. i have 1 veriton m2610(g630 processor, 4gb ram ,1tb sata hdd)

Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

hi, i urgent need some help for this case.
i have 1 veriton m2610(g630 processor, 4gb ram ,1tb sata hdd)
install a PCIE raid card support with raid 0 and raid 1.
and add in 1 more 1tb hdd.

the problem is: i connect 2 of the harddisk to the raid card for setting as raid 1
and i cant set as raid on acer bios. after acer bios,after is show the raid card bios.
so i set raid 1 under the raid bios and done about the partition setting.
after reboot the system. the system will show me cant found bootable drive..
then i only can go in system when we start the computer that time press F12
to choice harddisk just can boot in.

what happen at this?
did i connect wrong?
or the raid card is no compaperity with the acer bios?

pls help!!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Moderator hardware team

You can't take an existing drive with an bootable operating system and connect it to a raid controller and expect it to boot up. The raid controller has its own paramaters it writes to the drive when it creates the RAID1 set. If your lucky you haven't wiped out all your data on the original drive. At this point I would put it back like it was and remove the raid controller and see if the system will boot up. If not then we will have to start data recovery if you don't have a recent full backup of the drive

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

when setting as raid 1 that time already reinstall the windows. the problem is i can use f12 to choise boot from hdd then go in to windows, and under windows is show me only have 1 harddisk .mean that the raid should be done. but i cant normal boot from the system. it will show me cant found any bootable drive.
every time must press f12 for choice and go in
Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
Moderator hardware team

I am 99% certain the raid1 is not setup because all raid setups initialize the drives then you install the operating system NOT the other way like you have attempted to do. Your lucky as heck you can get it to boot at all. I would image the drive to another drive then create the raid set and image it back it it was my setup. Did you remove the raid adapter and try that as I suggested ?

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Old 04-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
Registered Member

if i connect direct to mainboard. it will run as normal can boot in direcrt.
the problem is i already try 4 pcs of diffence raid card also the same. i was doing clear install for os. mean that 1) install raid card(PCI E) and connect 2 harddisk to the raid card.
2) turn on system and going raid bios(acer bios cant choice raid because the mainboard no support raid thay y i install pci raid card)
3)creat a raid 1 and restart
4) put win 7 pro cd to install, during the step will request put in raid card drive if not cant found the harddisk,choice the harddisk then continue install.
5)after install system will reboot, then the problem come out. it cant boot direct even i set up the 1st boot is the raid hdd(can see the hdd is under raid because only show 1 hdd on acer bios boot option there)
6) when the starup we can press f12 to manual choice the boot drive. if i choice the hdd it can be boot in to system.if i did not press f12. the screen will show error no detect or cant found bootable drive....
Old 04-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
Moderator hardware team

if i connect direct to mainboard. it will run as normal can boot in direcrt.
OK thats good

the problem is i already try 4 pcs of diffence raid card also the same.
Not sure if you put the same raid card in 4 other computers or what ?

i was doing clear install for os. mean that 1) install raid card(PCI E) and connect 2 harddisk to the raid card.
OK

2) turn on system and going raid bios(acer bios cant choice raid because the mainboard no support raid that y i install pci raid card)
Not clear on this but I dont think the motherboard has raid support thus why you don't see any raid option in the computers main BIOS

3)creat a raid 1 and restart
OK

4) put win 7 pro cd to install, during the step will request put in raid card drive if not cant found the harddisk,choice the harddisk then continue install.
Did you download the RAID driver and press F6 to add the driver during the install process

5)after install system will reboot, then the problem come out. it cant boot direct even i set up the 1st boot is the raid hdd(can see the hdd is under raid because only show 1 hdd on acer bios boot option there)
A RAID1 is 2 mirrored drives the OS see's it as 1 (ONE) Drive you wont see 2 drives in the hardware settings. Can you change the BOOT order to be the raid card ?

6) when the starup we can press f12 to manual choice the boot drive. if i choice the hdd it can be boot in to system.if i did not press f12. the screen will show error no detect or cant found bootable drive....[/QUOTE]
OK

Gear in this thread