Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

ACCESS DENIED

This is a discussion on ACCESS DENIED within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. MY HITATCHI EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE MODEL HTS542525K9SA00 SAYS ACCESS DENIED WHEN I TRY AND OPEN IT. Why?

Old 03-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

Evil

MY HITATCHI EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE MODEL HTS542525K9SA00 SAYS ACCESS DENIED WHEN I TRY AND OPEN IT. Why?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Moderator hardware team

Did the drive fall or get dropped ? Have you tried to use it on another computer to see if it works there ? have you tried another USB cable. Maybe if you tell us a little history behind the failure it may help diagnose the problem. You can also download r-studio at Disk Recovery Software and Hard Drive Recovery tool for Windows run in demo mode to scan the drive see if any data shows up

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

In Windows Explorer, Right click the drive/Properties and take ownership of the drive.
spunk.funk is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MS Access chart formatting
I have an access report based on a query that includes 2 tables. The tables include numbers that are formatted as currency. The query includes the same numbers that are formatted as currency. The report displays the numbers formatted as currency. The problem is that the report includes a chart with...
thebigm61 Microsoft Office support 3 04-02-2012 04:26 AM
Have internet but cant access internet or play games
Hello all...Im sure there is a post bout this somewhere but there are thousands of threads :/ But here we go. My computer it connected to the internet wirelessly but i cant broswe the web or play video games online. I am an avid world of warcraft player but it tells me i cannot connect to...
Dunner4804 Networking Support 29 03-29-2012 07:58 PM
Computer connected but cannot access the internet
Windows vista home premium sp. 1 Toshiba Satellite L305 Intel Pentium Dual CPU t3400 @ 2.16GHz 2.17 Ghz RAM: 3.00 GB 32-bit says that I am connect but cannot access the internet. when i click diagnose this problem, it also mentions the network adapter Atheros AR50073g wireless network...
Brown_Penny Cabling and Network Cards 2 03-29-2012 01:46 AM
access 2003 addquery counts deleted records
Every week I receive two queries which I import in access so i can put them together, do some filtering, counting, aggregating etc. Because the imported tables have some relationships i chose to import into an existing table instead of creating a new one each time. Before I do this I remove...
degetrouwe Microsoft Office support 0 03-29-2012 12:02 AM
Cisco ASA 5505 and no internet access help
Hello, So we are currently having issues implementing a new Cisco ASA 5505 into our network. We are replacing an older Sonicwall and are new to the world of Cisco. Just as some background information, we currently have a SBS 2003 server and a Sonicwall VPN Firewall that houses DHCP (yes, the...
belnetsolutions Protocols and Routing 0 03-28-2012 05:10 PM