Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Graphic Design, Digital Imaging, and Multimedia

installation help Buzzmachines

This is a discussion on installation help Buzzmachines within the Graphic Design, Digital Imaging, and Multimedia forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello... i just found out about this free music composer software that i want to get to learn ,seems iv

Old 06-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello... i just found out about this free music composer software that i want to get to learn ,seems iv got allot to learn.

Buzzmachines at http://www.buzzmachines.com/

I downloaded it and i got my self into something that i was not prepared for. The installation was confusing for me to begin with because im not to computer savy at this point. When i downloaded this it took me threw many steps i didn't quite understand but proceeded anyways because i had no better ideas. Could not find any detailed installation manuals/tutorials on there web site nor google ,simple general information is pretty blank seeing how this program is 8 years old now and still being used.

I downloaded the buzz massive pack because i read that the older versions had some bugs and i wanted the full experience ,there are 3 separate packs the only problem is that allot of the features i use with other programs are impossible to run on the older versions of Buzz. This obviously doesn't install like most other music software that iv used. I would use the Buzz forums but they seem to be outdated/inactive. I sing up to there forums because it seem i could not read anything unless i was a member but i couldn't read anything because there was nothing to read.

Im running Vista Home Premium SP1

The download 30.7mb Buzzmachines_Massive_Pack_Feb2004.exe Binary File from http://avd1064.oli.tudelft.nl

If someone can find any installation information i would be soooooooo happy because iv fail in the last few days trying to figure this out.

will be much more detailed next post if someone decides to take this one on

Old 06-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Hi name is guy.
Could you be more specific? You said your had some trouble and that the installation was confusing, but what is the actual problem you are having?

I couldn't find any installation steps on the Buzz website but I may be able to help.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiber Septim View Post
Hi name is guy.
Could you be more specific? You said your had some trouble and that the installation was confusing, but what is the actual problem you are having?

I couldn't find any installation steps on the Buzz website but I may be able to help.
Well first off this software is old but can and does run on vista from what iv read. Problem is there's ether not enough info on how to do this or the only available detailed info is from like five years ago. I try there forums and nothing works ,i cant explorer anything but the main page and some links so i gave up on that nonsense.

I will install buzz as correctly as possible intill i run into like five other things that are not mentioned in the install info ,Buzz crashes on start up every time exactly whats said in tutorials if done wrong but they dont say what i did wrong.

This is the real site

http://noolmusic.com/fat/Tutorials-Help.shtml

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Vista

- Go into the Jeskola Buzz directory
- Find the buzz.exe file and right click it
- Go to properties tag and click on the compatibility tab
- Then make sure it is under WINDOWS 98 compatibility. The program will then run perfectly.

When you run the installation of Buzz, make sure you have checked the DMO support in the installer
==========================================================
check the DMO support? i never seen anything about DMO support?

This is the tutorial that i found utterly useless ,i tried many times and there are plaenty of details not mentioned like Overloader installer,where to save plug in dll
,if installation is any differnt for the massive pack and Lee Dragon's Mono To Stereo Wrapper txt ,never seen it.
==========================================================================================================================
So, the first thing that I did was went over to http://www.buzzmachines.com/ and I registered at the site. Then, I went into the info section, and selected 'Download Buzz'.

There are/were two options:

1. Stealth Buzz Pack
2. Massive Buzz Pack

The first time I downloaded the second pack, however, I uninstalled/removed the program, and then downloaded the 'Stealth Buzz Pack'.

So, I downloaded the 'Stealth Buzz Pack', and, when it was done, I opened up the downloaded executable (*.exe) - probably something like 'BuzzMachines_Stealth.exe'. This is the message that I was first confronted with when I started up the file :

BM Stealth Pack / January 2003
Important Information

*Mono2Stereo Patcher
This program allows you to make stereo out versions of mono out machines.
It has not been included in the BM Stealth Pack. It is downloadable at Buzzmachines.com

The BM Stealth Pack (BMSP) is missing many of the features found in the BM Massive Pack (BMMP).
BMSP contains:
28 Generators (Synthesizers/Samplers/VST-Soundfont Loaders)
33 Effects
5 Tools/Utils (plus 2 html conversion tables)
2 VSTi's
3 VST FX

BMMP contains:
188 Generators (Synthesizers/Samplers/VST-Soundfont Loaders)
358 Effects
20 Tools/Utils (plus 2 html conversion tables)
4 VSTi's
4 VST FX
3 SoundFonts
16 Buzz Themes
Plus many more features.

For more info pls read the "BMSP.htm" located in your Buzz Main Directory
All of the above statements are subject to change.
Stealth Pack Compiling Freak: XionD
With much assistance and thanx to Mikko Apo.
I would like also to thank Stijn Kuipers (Zephod) for some hints and
tips on the index and other things.
Marc van Agteren (Mva) for being so patient and Raul Reales (djlaser)
for the critisism and some helpful ideas.

Okay, so, the Stealth Pack is missing many of the features that the Massive Pack has... From the site we find that:

Stealth Pack vs Massive Pack (thumbnail)

So, while we will be missing a lot of stuff, we at least have enough to start with, so as to tell whether or not we like the program, and would care to download the larger file. After selecting okay, we move onto a prompt asking us where to install Jeskola Buzz. I have decided to save in the default location: "C:\Program Files\Jeskola Buzz" (and will be assuming that you have too). After pressing Install, we see all of the files that are being placed. After the program has been installed we see the following:

Stealth Pack vs Massive Pack (thumbnail)

Select 'OK' and move onto a 'License Agreement & Instructions' window. Reading this, we see that we should not run more then one fix at a time, and that we should 'Setup Buzz' first. So, we select 'I Agree', choose "Setup Buzz" from the pull down menu, and press "Next >". Make sure that the location is the same as the one where you installed Buzz to ("C:\Program Files\Jeskola Buzz" was where I did it, so, it should be the same in this prompt) and press "Start!". Mine asks me if I want "to show start menu entries for all users?" and I say "OK" to this prompt. Since I said okay, I get an option of where I want the Start Menu folder to go, and I'm just going to use the default location ("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs"). It also asks if I want to create a quicklaunch icon, and I select 'Cancel' (but, most people probably select OK).

As well as one telling me that I had "Completed Step One!". Then, after pressing OK to that window, the window above changed to:

Patch is done

The text file can also be closed ('Lee Dragon's Mono To Stereo Wrapper.txt') and we can now start Buzz up.
So, let's start Buzz up, and get into the actual program :)

Next: Starting Buzz for the First Time Previous: Jeskola Buzz

Author: James R Skemp
Date Added/Written: 2003.02.02
Updated: 2003.05.15
Ported to Buzzmachines format by XionD
Jeskola Buzz 1.2 is Copyright © 1997-2000 Oskari Tammelin

This site, and it's ideas/images/text/etc, are mostly-kinda copyright 1998-2003 James R Skemp (homeofjrs[AT]eml[DOT]cc).
This site was last updated on: 2003-05-15 and is currently version 6.10.22