Re: Cannot copy to USB memory stick
To Remove the Read-Only Attribute While Copying Files
You can use the xcopy command to remove the read-only attribute while you are copying files from a CD-ROM. Xcopy.exe resets the read-only attributes unless you specify otherwise by using the /k switch (this switch copies attributes). To use this method:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
3. Type xcopy drive letter:\*.* destination /e /h, where drive letter is the CD-ROM drive letter and destination is the path to the destination for the files, and then press ENTER. For more information about command-line switches for Xcopy.exe, type xcopy /? At a command prompt.
Manually Remove the Read-Only Attribute from a File
To manually remove the read-only attribute from a file:
1. In Windows Explorer, right-click the file that you want to change, and then click Properties.
2. On the General tab, click to clear the Read only check box.
3. Click OK.