Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Automotive Support

[SOLVED] 2007 Dodge Ram clicking while starting.

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] 2007 Dodge Ram clicking while starting. within the Automotive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Litre. It has 47000 Miles. It has started getting really cold in

Old 11-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Litre. It has 47000 Miles. It has started getting really cold in our area now to around 10 degrees in the morning. When I turn the key over all the lights come on and it has power just fine. When I go to start the truck a clicking sound comes from within the dash. The lights on my speedometer flicker and then the truck starts. So the truck starts however it clicks while starting all of a sudden. Could this just be my truck being cold or something serious?

Old 11-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
Moderator Offline

How old is the battery ? If it is the original battery it is probably on it last leg.

Have check. Most auto parts store can check it.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Basementgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks I replaced the battery and all is well.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:33 AM   #4
Moderator Offline

Thanks for letting us know.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Basementgeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FF Proxy keeps resetting, scanners will not update
I am desperate for some help. I use my computer at home to do things for work and I cannot afford to lose it! I logged in a few days ago and my proxy settings for FF were moved to manual and would not connect. I reset them to auto detect and since then have had to do it twice. None of my...
southernangel19 Resolved HJT Threads 11 07-20-2011 06:19 PM
Laptop VIRUS causing problems with internet!
Hello I recently tried searching something on my google chrome address bar and it redirects me to a search engine at search-results.com But when I go to google.com directly and search it searches using google's search engine. I thought this may be a virus so I scaned using antivir and there...
legolas192 Resolved HJT Threads 21 06-22-2011 08:31 PM
Google Redirect
Hi everyone! Last week my computer had bluescreened and it had the Critical Disk Error virus which I was able to remove using rkill & Malware, but now it seems that I am having the Google Redirect problem. Not sure if these two are related, but wanted to include that in there in case it was. ...
irenekau Resolved HJT Threads 1 06-14-2011 01:06 PM
IE slow
I just received help here, so I apologize for coming back, but my IE is slowing down again (not as bad as it was). While loading pages it will frequently go to "not responding". I pulled up the task manager and looked at computer usage while surfing the web and saw that the usage would randomly...
lyles15 Resolved HJT Threads 10 05-07-2011 08:55 AM
Spontaneous BSODs
So, I'm here in lieu of a friend yet again. This person reports a constant decline in general hardware. Their hard drive seems to be on the verge of failing as some programs work and some don't, but the number of the latter is increasing with each day. The programs are random, with no...
RossComrie BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 03-28-2011 04:53 PM