Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Removing Air cleaner assembly on 95 Toyota Corolla

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Chaselun 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, im replacing the starter on my 95 Toyota Corolla and ran into a bit of a problem in removing the air cleaning assembly.

My first problem was the three bolts that hold the assembly in place. The first 2 came out, no problem. But the third one that connects to somewhere under the fuse box loosened up all the way and the threads are out, but I can't seem to pull the bolt out, something is keeping it in there. I worked on it for ten minutes and can't seem to get the darn thing out.

My second problem is probably a pretty easy one, but on the assembly 2 small ribbed rubber hoses run along both sides and have clamps keeping them alongside it. I dont know how to get the hoses out of the clamps. Googled it and can't find much.

Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
Hi Chaselun

Use a long flathead screwdriver from underneath the box to push the bolt upwards until you feel some resistance. Then try to remove the bolt by putting pressure on it from underneath. If that doesn't work the bolt may have to be cut off.

If the hose clamp has a bolt on top all you do is loosen it as much as needed and then you tap it on top until the clamp releases. If it doesn't have a bolt and it's just an ordinary clip, then you need channel locks or needle nose pliers to clamp the two ends of the hose clamp until it releases. If there is no access to it, you will have to reach in with your hands and spin the clamp until you can place your tools.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.