Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Automotive Support

99 Chevy Suburban Won't Start

This is a discussion on 99 Chevy Suburban Won't Start within the Automotive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a 99 Chevy suburban that just today made a popping sound and then died. i have checked the

Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a 99 Chevy suburban that just today made a popping sound and then died. i have checked the fuses, listened to the fuel pump sounds normal don't have a way to check psi. can anyone give me some other things to check.

thanks

Old 03-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Moderator Automotive Center

Hi srogers

Look for spark at the coil and then to the spark plugs, if spark is there then the problem is fuel related.

Did the popping sound come from the intake or the exhaust?

" What were dealing with is the battle between the future and the past, between the powers that were and the powers that have yet to be. " --- John Perry Barlow
octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cd/dvd drive won't autoplay
My system is windows xp sp3 Hardware is internal drives Sony CRX23OED and D22A Drives are working, but neither will autoplay. When I try and manual play, it says insert a disc,even though there is a disc inserted. I have tried windows autofix but that did not make any difference. Tried to...
john-boy Removable Media Drives 6 03-12-2012 03:52 PM
Re: john deere la105 wont start
I am having the same problem with my mower not starting. When I checked the spark plug, it is wet with gas. Is that a problem, if so what needs to be done to fix it at this point?
Pned1914 Small Engines 1 03-10-2012 07:47 AM
chevy s10
Ok i hope i found the right place to put this. Hi guys im new to the forum! I have a question about my truck and hope someone can help me out. I have a 1988 chevy s10 v6 2.8L 4x4 automatic. Ok here is the problem im having the other day i was driving the truck down the road about 55 mph and all...
scot91 Automotive Support 11 03-07-2012 06:21 PM
'The dependency service or group failed to start'
Hi A few days ago my mother was using our PC and she told me the internet suddenly was no longer working, in the system tray the computer icon has a little red cross through it and when you mouse over it it says 'Connection status unknown, the dependency service or group failed to start', I have...
-ROCKY- Networking Support 1 03-07-2012 04:10 PM
[SOLVED] Computer won't boot, out of ideas... Help!
Having some computer issues, and since I can’t even get into my BIOS right now, figured this was the proper forum with this post. Less than six months ago, I decided to build a new PC. Build went fine, everything got up and running without a hitch. I do a bit of PC gaming from time to...
phoenix11 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 25 03-06-2012 05:39 PM