Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Automotive Support

98 jeep grand cherokee battery problem

This is a discussion on 98 jeep grand cherokee battery problem within the Automotive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Have a 98 jeep grand cherokee limited. Having a problem where the battery is drained when started and dies. Will

Old 02-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Registered Member

Have a 98 jeep grand cherokee limited. Having a problem where the battery is drained when started and dies. Will not start up again or stay running. Have tried replacing battery and same thing happens. Not sure whats going on, any suggestions would help.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
Moderator Offline

Hi and welcome to TSF

Going to need a volt meter and check the alternator voltage out put when it running.

Should read around 14-14.4 volts.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Basementgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Automotive Team

My guess is your gonna find a bad voltage regulator or a bad diode assy
Best case : A loose battery cable.

Hampton Roads Virginia, I've been around the rock three times and this place was NOT on my top ten list of places to live
wolfen1086 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odd wireless problem
This involves a desktop that suddenly stopped seeing a wireless network- although it can see many other networks that are nearby. I have an older Dell machine running XP. I am trying to connect wirelessly to a dlink router (that links to the boards that control an electronic sign in the parking...
unclefester1961 Networking Support 7 02-26-2012 01:49 PM
sound problem
hi, i dont have sound in my laptop . somebody please help please help
mahanta09 Laptop Support 1 02-24-2012 04:24 AM
Sleep resume problem
I am having a few different issues resuming from sleep. With (powercfg -h on), putting the computer to sleep and resuming from sleep takes 20 second to sleep, and 45 seconds to resume from sleep. This is extremely slow because with an SSD in my system, I can cold boot in less time than it takes...
ryan29121 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 4 02-23-2012 03:52 PM
Safari 4.1.3 problem with HTTPS
I am unable to get Safari 4.1.3 to access HTTPS pages. I cannot do any secure web access at all. What would cause that? I am stuck with using Mac OS Tiger on my old laptop, so the latest version of Safari available to me is 4.1.3. How do you tell what encryption protocols are being used by...
Anonymosity Other Browsers 0 02-23-2012 02:03 PM
Hard Drive Challenging problem-Need assistance!
Hello guys,I would like to describe my situation briefly. I have an Acer aspire 5920g laptop. Before some days I experienced the black screen of death. I tried to install the os from a DVD backup/acer restore point. The restoration failed. I tried to reformat the disk via DOS. I bought a new...
Satos Hard Drive Support 2 02-23-2012 08:16 AM