Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Automotive Support

94 nissan truck wont start

This is a discussion on 94 nissan truck wont start within the Automotive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My sons 94 nissan truck wont start the battery is fine and you can hear the relay clicking, someone said

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

My sons 94 nissan truck wont start the battery is fine and you can hear the relay clicking, someone said it could be one of the fuseable links but we have to find it, does any body have an idea?:

Old 08-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Automotive Team

My System

Hey donnasan!
The fuse-able links are usually right before the starter on the wires that go to it, about a few inches away from it. If you can get under the car (safely) or from above then you'll see them in-line just before it. Only way to know if there bad is to use a test light and try each one (right before it and right after it) they are little rubber blocks on the power line, and the starter wire.
Can't miss them if you look closely, if they are bad you can just splice them out and use a sturdy wire splicer to rejoin the two ends back together.
Hope we helped you, if so let us know.

A link to Car/Truck information(WIRES)
http://www.the12volt.com/
Old 08-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
Registered Member

there is a double pole relay on passenger side of engine compartment (if vehicle is a stickshift) the relay is blue..... take a piece of wire and jump the two larger wires,in other words bypass this relay.....if problem persists jump other side of relay... i think you ll find the answer in this relay,ive replaceda thousand of em

matthew dale (dennis dillon nissan...Boise
Old 08-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
Administrator
Automotive Team Manager

OS: Windows 7/Windows XP Home/Pro SP3/Windows 98SE/Fedora Core 6/RH 7.2 with Autopoint/TAMS II

I carry a spare one of those relays "just in case" myself. Could also be (remote chance) in the electrical part of the ignition switch.

Please post all questions in the appropriate forum. Questions sent by email or PM will not be answered.
Interested in Trek gaming? Check out the Dynaverse!
Proud supporter of the Carolinas Aviation Museum - the final home of Flight 1549.
Confession might be good for the soul, but it hurts the heart like hell.
Closed Thread