Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Automotive Support

2009 town & country with power lock problem

This is a discussion on 2009 town & country with power lock problem within the Automotive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a 2009 town & country with power lock problem. The passenger side door will not lock with remote

Old 08-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a 2009 town & country with power lock problem. The passenger side door will not lock with remote key or inside. If you lock the doors with the remote key and someone opens the door before the doors have been unlocked by the key it sets off the alarm.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Moderator Automotive Center

Hi northfork

The solenoid for the locking mechanism has given out or there may be a bad ground on the switch side. To get access to it you will need to remove the door panel.

Note: Be extremely careful some of the mechanisms have the windows attached to them and may have to be removed. This is not a typical job for the do-it-yourselfer the danger to the glass shattering is real and very dangerous and can result in serious personal injury. Have your vehicle serviced by a qualified service technician.

" What were dealing with is the battle between the future and the past, between the powers that were and the powers that have yet to be. " --- John Perry Barlow
octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
System crashing mainly during use of Chrome. Please help
I am getting random crashes that happen while I am using google chrome it seems. It's a blue screen that says a fatal hardware error has occurred. I installed 2 extra sticks of RAM and this is when it started happening. The new sticks are a different brand but have the same timings and voltage...
TheLeapist BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 05-01-2011 07:46 AM
Random BSOD while playing game
hi, i got random BSOD while i playing a game, somewhat it's always happens in online game (starcraft 2, WoW, Rift) and never happens when im playing offline game. i already update the driver for my wireless LAN, but the problem still occurs. could you help me, Thanks this is my spec OS - Win...
CR353 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 19 04-19-2011 06:14 AM
I am getting random crashes :( Help would be greatly appreciated
Here is my crash dump: Loading Dump File Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: *** Invalid *** **************************************************************************** * Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path....
TheLeapist BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 03-30-2011 10:54 PM
Windows 7 BSOD Issue
Hello, I'd like to submit for your consideration the following scenario. I've been working with a gentleman in my office for the past month or so on ridding his laptop of periodic BSOD issues he's been having. I've been analyzing his minidump files, and now the only BSOD's he is getting...
jon2011 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 03-29-2011 12:42 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM