Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Automotive Support

1999 GMC Sonoma Security Light/System reset

This is a discussion on 1999 GMC Sonoma Security Light/System reset within the Automotive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i have a 99 gmc sonoma that the key to was lost. i took the lock cylinder and housing assembly

Old 09-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

i have a 99 gmc sonoma that the key to was lost. i took the lock cylinder and housing assembly off the vehicle and had a locksmith cut a key for the vehicle. i reinstalled the lock cylinder and housing on the vehicle and vehicle starts for 2-5 seconds then shuts down and security light starts flashing. i tried vehicle passkey learn 3 times and vehicle security system light does not reset and still only runs 2-5 seconds and shuts down with security light flashing. what is the proper way to reset this 99 Sonoma security system ?? And/Or what am i doig wrong ? What may be the problem please ???? How do i correct this problem ??