Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Automotive Support

1999 2.2 L s10 dont start

This is a discussion on 1999 2.2 L s10 dont start within the Automotive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. 1999 chevy s10 2.2 L changed fuel pump only has fuel pressure when you first turn on key for approx

Old 03-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

EEK!

1999 chevy s10 2.2 L changed fuel pump only has fuel pressure when you first turn on key for approx 2 seconds then turns off. Motor does not start have changed crank /cam sensor fuel filter and pump when use hot wire for fuel pump has 42 psi butt still doesnt start when you spray either it starts and dies again what controls pump to run when motor runs maybe problem please help runing out of idls .When it was runing it would shut off like turning key off at idle and at 70 mph now will not start at all unless you spray either in it .

Old 03-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Automotive Team

OS: M/S Windows Vista Home Basic SP2 / Linux Ubuntu 13.10

The fuel pump shutting off is a normal thing from the way you described it, after you turn the key and the pump comes on there is a pressure switch that shuts it off if the engine is not started, that tells me that the switch is working Does it run at all now? if not when it was running what eng temp did it shut off at, normal cold, overheat and did it do it at any other speed than 70 mph?

It would seem that big Brother REALLY is watching you :)
wolfen1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Moderator Automotive Center

Hi thorn65

Replace the fuel pump relay. Swap it with a known good one then turn the ignition on and look at your check engine light, listen carefully for the fuel pump see if it holds for 3 seconds then shuts off and attempt a re-start.

post back your findings.

" What were dealing with is the battle between the future and the past, between the powers that were and the powers that have yet to be. " --- John Perry Barlow
octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
Registered Member

Motor temp stays at norm range it dont matter if at idle our at any speed just shuts off like you turn the key off some times restarts some times will not restart i'm checking wiring going to injectors now and fuse block also brain has been replaced and coil packs + module may be wiring problem some were checking now did change relay only thing not changed is fuel regulater but pressure check seems good @42psi / 12psi when running.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:13 AM   #5
Moderator Automotive Center

Take a DVOM and do a voltage drop test on the positive and to ground side to the fuel pump, disconnect the molex connector to the fuel pump and clear out any corrosion that has set it.

" What were dealing with is the battle between the future and the past, between the powers that were and the powers that have yet to be. " --- John Perry Barlow
octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote