Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

xblade case AC97 motherboard, audio jacks problem

This is a discussion on xblade case AC97 motherboard, audio jacks problem within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hey guys i am buying a new pc on sunday although the guy says the audio jacks on the front

Old 05-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

hey guys i am buying a new pc on sunday although the guy says the audio jacks on the front panel aren't detected by the motherboard, so i don't know what to think or how to fix it, i'll post the specs of the pc and the add here
System is custom built works Great system specs are:
CPU: 2.2Ghz QuadCore AMD Phenom 9550
MoBo: Pegatron M2N78-LA (From a HP Viola)
HDD: 500Gb Seagate 7200rpm 32mb Cache Sata2
Ram: 4Gb DDR2 PC6400 800Mhz 2x1Gb+1x2Gb in Dual Channel
PWR: 650Watt Toughpower 24pin ATX
GFX: 1Gb DDR5 Zotac Geforce GT 240
Case: X-Blade PC Gaming Computer Case.
also Includes Sata LightScribe DVD Burner, Nero Burning Software and Avast Pro Antivirus
Due to the XBlade Case only supporting AC97 audio jacks are not detected by windows can be fixed with new case with HD audio jumper pins, PCIe sound card or a USB audio device$40@JBJ. Other than that the onboard Realtek Coaxle & DVI audio work fine As does the Geforce GT 240 HDMI Audio out willing to include my Audio receiver to the right person.
just lookin for some clarity here, is there a way to fix the problem with the X-blade case? or the AC 97?
thanks guys

Old 05-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

There are two audio types, AC97 and HD. The motherboard audio chipset or sound card have to match what the case supports. You can't mix types. If the case is AC97, then the audio chipset also has to support AC97.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing Inspiron 530 Motherboard and Case
Hello, I have an Inspiron 530. Over time I've upgraded the power supply to a Corsair ATX 450, installed a HIS Radeon 6850, and upgraded to Win7. I'm a little worried about possible heat problems and cards in the future that won't fit in the case. The 6850 is a tight squeeze in the my case so I want...
Mikusboi Motherboards, Bios & CPU 10 03-26-2011 01:47 PM
Trouble selecting a new case and power supply for motherboard - ASRock UCC.
I recently picked up an Athlon X4 CPU to install into my board, seeing that the motherboard didn't support it I decided to pick up a new motherboard as well. After some time installing it, I found out that the motherboard doesn't have the same plugs as all of the cords in my current case - the...
Peaceypop Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 03-16-2011 11:38 AM
[SOLVED] Installed Win 7 - Case become loud
Hi all. I know that im profoundly deaf but im really not happy with my PC as i installed Win 7 and the noise started to raise since extracting windows installion and thought it will be gone as when Win7 loads but since win7 start. the case begin to get loud and loud. I can feel the heavy...
CrazyComputerMan Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 9 02-24-2011 01:52 PM
CoD Black Ops problem
Hi guys, i am new to this forum. 2 days ago i installed CoD Black Ops. Installation went correctly, and as i run game and start new game it shows intro and as soon as intro has to end it shows following error : http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/923/errore0hc.png I was trying to fix this...
gonz0. PC Gaming Support 3 01-25-2011 10:16 AM
Not sure where to post but need help finding a cheap case for this motherboard
The motherboard I have got: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138179 I found a case that I want but not sure if it will work since on the motherboard the usb ports and all that is on the side of the motherboard. Anyways this is the case I was thinking...
sakion Other Hardware Support 1 01-02-2011 07:32 AM