Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

"Warning! Your chassis has been opened" error message

This is a discussion on "Warning! Your chassis has been opened" error message within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Originally Posted by Stu_computer acer utility software is accessible from desktop, the bios settings should be in eSettings utility. Start

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_computer View Post
acer utility software is accessible from desktop, the bios settings should be in eSettings utility.

Start > (All) Programs > Empowering Technology > Acer eSettings Management

if not installed can get it here... acer downloads Select: Desktop, Aspire, M3201, click Applications tab

utility downloads:
eFramework (need this to load esettings)
eSettings (Acer eSettings Management-bios settings)

other alternatives are: download PCWizard and use it to identify the mainboard make-n-model, then get the manual for it and locate the chassis intrusion jumper/or bios setting; or visit an acer dealer and ask them to show you where the setting is in bios; or contact acer directly.

Thanks I have the acer management software (I'd looked at this before) and downloaded the newer version - under BIOS in the eSettings management I still cant see anything relating to the chassis? Unless i'm looking at the wrong thing?

Old 05-03-2009, 04:17 AM   #22
Registered Member

Same problem here with Acer M3201 (6mnth old) Amd x3 8450.
I have looked for a solution for months but found that I could reset this in the bios by optimising defalts then going through bios settings to manualy change some settings that optimsing had changed, so reset the changes i didnt want for example graphics card onboard I dont use as i have a new pcie card installed.
This seems to work for me.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 AM   #23
Registered Member

good luck
Old 07-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #24
Registered Member

Had same problem. This is the fix if other stuff doesn't work. Got this from another site.

Problem
"Warning your chassis has been opened. Press F1 to continue. Press Del to enter setup menu."
Solution
Enter Bios
Goto Intergrated Peripherals
Goto Onboard I/O setup
Find "Chassis Opened warning"
Set to “Disable”
Press F10 to save and exit changes
That all there is too it.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #25
Registered Member

Enter Bios
Goto Intergrated Peripherals
Goto Onboard I/O setup
Find "Chassis Opened warning"
Set to “Disable”
Press F10 to save and exit changes
Old 12-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #26
Registered Member

There is no such option under comos, thanks anyway
Old 06-05-2010, 01:53 AM   #27
Registered Member

I've just had this problem with an Acer Veriton, except that it wouldn't go beyond the warning screen to boot up. I got into setup by pressing Del, then to PC Health Status, and chose the 'Clear' option next to the case opened warning function. Once I'd cleared the warning the computer started fine, then I went back into Setup and disabled this function for the future. Acer's manual didn't mention any of this, even though there's a section on how to open the case.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:48 AM   #28
Registered Member

Question

I also have an Acer (M5021) BIOS version R01-B1 - and have the same problem "your chassis has been opened" ....My problem began after installing the security softare distributed by my bank - it is supposed to make my online banking safer and works fine.
Anyway, I have read all previous posts - and tried modifying the BIOS, but I do not have any of the options mentioned for "chassis", nor any other the other solutions offered.
I e-mailed Acer tech support, and received instructions on how to perform a system recovery. I don't want to do this because I would loose everything - I just want to turn off the message.
Can anyone help
Old 08-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #29
Registered Member

Hi
I found it was necessary to clear the existing warning before being able to disable this feature. Set up options seem to vary from one Acer to another (I have a Veriton) but this is what worked for me.
Go to Set up > PC Health Status and you should see 'Chassis opened warning'. Select this, hit return and you should get three options - Enabled, Disabled and Clear. Select Clear, save and exit.
The computer should now start normally. You can then reboot, go back into Set up and disable the chassis opened warning.
Good luck