Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stress cpu: core temperatures to 88°-90°

937 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Stancestans 
#1 ·
I run fpu+cpu stress test by Aida64 on Intel core 2 Duo E6750 ( Motherboard ASUS P5K ) and I noted both core1 and core2 temperature increase to 88°-90° and keep stable to these values. It's standard behaviour? What do you think about it?
'cpu usage' graph (title is 'CPU Throttling (max65%) - overheating detected') shows values between 40° and 52°. It's standard behaviour too?

I'm thinking to replace cpu cooler (heatsink + fan), can you suggest cheap and quiet cpu cooler for socket LGA775 ?

Thanks

#2 ·
It's not a good idea to run stress tests on CPU's, particularly when using a stock Intel cooler.
Basically any aftermarket tower cooler is better thermally and will keep your system running at a comfortable temperature during normal usage.
You should be able to pick up a cooler for around $30US.

#5 ·
The processor's maximum allowed Tcase (lower than core temps) temperature is 72° C (Intel® Coreâ„¢2 Duo Processor E6750 (4M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) Specifications). Try Core Temp for a more accurate reading of core temps when idle and when on load.

The stock Intel cooler is more than capable of keeping it cool, all you may need is a fresh application of thermal compound and a firm reseating of the cooler. There's a chance of one or more of the cooler's retainer clips being broken or loose, so a physical inspection is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.