Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

[SOLVED] No hard disk detected - ASUS P5Q

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] No hard disk detected - ASUS P5Q within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Adapter 1 disks information No hard disk detected I am getting this message when I first boot up. It is

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Quote:
Adapter 1
disks information
No hard disk detected
I am getting this message when I first boot up. It is also titled "Marvel.. (version)"

I was reading around and somebody said they had the same problem and there mobo soon after died. My HDD is working fine and I'm having no problems, I'm just worried that my P5Q will die, does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Old 08-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Sounds like you have the raid enabled in the bios and do not have a raid array and the board is looking for a raid array. Make sure you have the raid feature Disabled.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
Registered Member

I'm not finding an option to disable the RAID in the BIOS. I know that my SATA drive is set to IDE though and not RAID. I also think this is preventing me from installing me windows 7 x64 because it gives me the error message "There's no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK"
Old 08-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

Mike, clear the cmos and then give it a try when you boot back up. If you have Sata drives and no raid, Sata must be set to IDE mode. Look also in the advanced area and see if there is a raid option in there and set it to Disabled. See if that gets you going.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed36 View Post
Mike, clear the cmos and then give it a try when you boot back up. If you have Sata drives and no raid, Sata must be set to IDE mode. Look also in the advanced area and see if there is a raid option in there and set it to Disabled. See if that gets you going.
All fixed :) I'm not sure if it was this that fixed my windows installation or me re-burning but I went into the BIOS and disabled Marvell so I'm all good now.

Thanks for your time & support :)
Old 08-26-2009, 04:57 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

You are most welcome. Disabling Marvell was most likely the fix because it was looking for an array that was not present. However, whatever it was, we will take it and be happy. Enjoy your day.