Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

[SOLVED] Cannot get into BIOS?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Cannot get into BIOS? within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Windows 7 64-bit Motherboard: F1A75-M Asus Hard Drive: Seagate Barracude 7200 Sata 3.0 320GB Processor: Llano AMD A8-3850 2.9GHz Quad

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Windows 7 64-bit
Motherboard: F1A75-M Asus
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracude 7200 Sata 3.0 320GB
Processor: Llano AMD A8-3850 2.9GHz Quad Core
Memory: 12gigs DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance RAM
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX560Ti - 2gb GDDR5 - 256bit
(Dual Monitor - DVI)
Power Supply: 600w Corsair
-------------------------

When I boot or reboot my screen remains black for about 3-5 minutes and then Windows will boot.

I do not see my boot screen (where it says "Press DEL to enter BIOS" ), nor am I able to boot into Safe Mode holding down the F8 key.

Any ideas on what could possibly be causing this?

The system is brand new, and windows was just installed for the first time about 4 days ago. I have never been able to enter BIOS or start in Safe Mode.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Registered Member

Try these immediately after booting.

F1, F2, F10, F12
CTRL + ALT + ESC
ESC

Old 02-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

Use the Delete key to enter the Bios.
Note: I would strongly suggest you upgrade your PSU to a better quality 650W minimum PSU.
I would also suggest removing the odd RAM stick to take advantage of Dual Channel Mode and it's performance advantages. 8GB will be more than enough.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

This has been solved by doing the following

Unplugged the monitors from my graphics card
Used the on board Video
(This allowed me to enter BIOS)
I went to the monitor Settings in my BIOS
Changed from Integrated Graphics to PCI-E

I now see the BIOS splash screen upon booting my PC.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware

Glad you got it resolved. For future reference, using the Delete key will get you to the Bios on that Mobo.
Get the PSU upgraded and your good.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread