Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

[SOLVED] Asus P5E3 Deluxe (boot beep codes)

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Asus P5E3 Deluxe (boot beep codes) within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just swapped around some things on the board (video card and hard drives) and when I tried to boot,

Old 03-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

I just swapped around some things on the board (video card and hard drives) and when I tried to boot, the system did not POST and gave a beep code.

1 long beep to start and then 3 shorter beeps.

It did boot eventually, but it did it again when I restarted after the video card reconfigured itself in Windows.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

What do the beeps mean? Are the codes universal or dependent on the manufacturer?

Old 03-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

For your Bios, 1 long and 3 short beeps relates to a RAM issue. Try reseating your RAM.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My search pointed at the video card. I put the video card back in the first slot, and it booted fine. If it happens again, then it will be the memory.

This board had some problems.....guy that sold it to me didn't tell me about a bad capacitor, and since I swapped it out myself....well there was a learning curve that left me with only 2 operating slots and some likely damaged leads on the backside of the motherboard. It has been working fine (if not overclocked) until today's issue.

I'll keep an eye on it, I'd just hate to have to replace it so soon.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware

Glad you got it resolved.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote