Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsung q460-js02 cannot enter bios

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dai 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks for your attention!
i bought the laptop half a year ago.i could enter bios by pressing 'del' when startup then.several days ago,i reinstalled the windows7 x64,i want to opimize the performance by enable AHCI,but soon realized i couldn't enter bios.when i started the machine,i quickly pressed 'del',but it didn't work,the monitor stops on the 'windows boot manager' interface,then i had to choose 'windows 7' or 'Memory Diagnose Tool'.i can start windows os,but can't enter bios.but,indeed,the phoenix bios information appears at the startup screen!

i searched the internet and now i know the startup need going through several process as following:
1)bios starts the 'power on self test'.when error found,machine may halt or give some warning beeps
2) bios let the mbr control the following process
3)mbr search the partition table and let the boot sector of active control the following process
4)the boot sector may use the bcd and let user choose one item to start,xp,win7...then load the kernel of os
5)others
roughly listed,please point out the errors if existed,thanks!

i know little about bios,but i think if i offer more information about it,you may be much easier to help diagnose the problem.so i browser the codeproject and find a application to list the basic information of it.the information are as following:
BIOS_INFO:
vendor:phoenix Technologies Ltd.
version string:01WC
start segment:0xe000
release date:06/08/2011
rom size:0x27
characterizations:
pci supported
bios flash upgradable
bios shadowing supported
cd boot supported
selectable boot device
edd supported
print screen supported
8042 keyboard supported
serial service supported
print service supported
cga/mono video supported
extensions:
nec pc 98 supported
acpi supported
legacy usb supported
bios boot specification supported
function key initiated network boot supported
third party target content distribution support
system bios major release:0x00
system bios minor release:0x01
embedded controller firmware major release:0xff
embedded controller firmware minor release:0xff

why does this problem happen?bios chipet broken?bios program broken?i didn't update the bios.Need i open the laptop and release the power of battery on mainboard?oh,i nearly forget one point,my pc ever fell down from my small desk,about 1 meter high.Does it matter?i don't know.my computer still works well,seemingly just scratched on the surface.

thanks for your help!i will try your suggestion!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.