Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

Question on SpeedFan readings

This is a discussion on Question on SpeedFan readings within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Just read the stuck thread on cooling so I installed SpeedFan. It obviously reads just my CPU fan rpms and

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Registered Member

Just read the stuck thread on cooling so I installed SpeedFan. It obviously reads just my CPU fan rpms and not the case fans, but I was wondering what each of the following temperature readings stood for, because I didn't see it anywhere on the SpeedFan website:

Temp1:35C
Temp2:23C
Temp3:-2C
Temp:0C
Temp:59C
HD0:33C
Core0:39C
Core1:38C

I guess my only concern is the fifth temp reading which shows 59C because it has a "hot" icon next to it, but which part of the system is this?

The core temps seem to be in ideal range because there's a green check mark next to them and all the other temp readings have a blue arrow pointing down, which I assume means adequately low.

Thanks as always!

PS. What is this initdebug shortcut that got installed after installing SpeedFan? I don't really care because I'm going to re-install the OS anyways, I'm just kind of doing burn-in tests right now.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Speed Fan is notorious for bad readings like the -2c & 0c probably are not sensors on those 2 to read, 35c is probably the CPU, 23c the MB chipset, 59c the Video card, the Hard Drive, then the 2 cores of the CPU.

For CPU and Chipset the Bios is most accurate.

For monitoring in windows Core Temp is the most accurate for CPU temps, and for video card CCC for ATI or nTune for Nvidia, Rivatuner for both ATI & Nvidia
or Everest is pretty good also.

Don't worry about the Flames, Blue Arrows or the Green Check marks they are set to go off at certain Temps without knowing what the temp reading is for or what it should be.
Closed Thread