Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

Problem with BIOS ?

This is a discussion on Problem with BIOS ? within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I have a Gateway Desktop model LX6810-01. I have tried to create a secondary partition for the hard drive.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello

I have a Gateway Desktop model LX6810-01. I have tried to create a secondary partition for the hard drive. The process went wrong and the OS was removed. So, I tried to restore the computer every time I had an error saying: "GetMapCDDriveL()". Tried changing the hard disk and CD drive and even ordered a new set of recovery disks for the computer but with no result. I even tried to setup Windows Vista from a disk which I purchased, there were no hard drives to setup windows on them. Here I figured that the OS setup is not recognizing the hard disks. The BIOS has a RAID system on it which controls the drives. Now, I think the problem is with the RAID system which I don't know how to disable. Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Specs:
Gateway LX6810-01
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33
8 GB RAM DDR2
640 GB SATA Hard disk

Old 06-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

RAID should be disabled. Is the Hdd recognized in the Bios?
You could try clearing the CMOS.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:33 AM   #3
Registered Member

The problem is that the hard drices are recognized (in the BIOS) as RAID drives because their names are some how strange (eg. DR02: WDC... ). However, when the computer starts up the hard drives are recognized with their sizes, but they aren't when it gets into Windows setup.

As for clearing the CMOS, I don't know what is it exactly. Can you just give a little description of it ?

Thank you for your reply
Old 06-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware

Clear the CMOS: UNPLUG the power supply-Move the Bios jumper from pins 1 & 2 to pins 2 & 3 for seconds then move the jumper back to pins 1 & 2. The CMOS will be cleared.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Registered Member

I have looked down the motherboard and couldn't find the jumper pins.. Is it enough to just take off the battery and replace it ?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:08 AM   #6
Registered Member

I have cleared the CMOS and no results .. please help me with this !!