Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

P4P800 E Deluxe SATA Problem...

This is a discussion on P4P800 E Deluxe SATA Problem... within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello techsupportforum, I have bought and installed a totaly new system. Motherboard = P4P800 E deluxe 3 Ghz Intel Pentium

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to dopefather

Hello techsupportforum,

I have bought and installed a totaly new system.

Motherboard = P4P800 E deluxe
3 Ghz Intel Pentium processor
1024 Mb Ram
and 3 Hard disks...

I originaly wanted to work with only 2 SATA disks, the Western Digital 36.7 SATA Drives (Raptor), but i couldnt get em to work and then i decided to use my old IDE maxtor harddisk...On the maxtor disk i could install windows Xp SP2 with no problems but the the 2 Raptors (attached to SATA_1 and SATA_2) can not be found...

He does find new hardware in Windows XP
=> WinXp Promise FastTrak 378 (tm) Controller...but it has a yellow exclamation mark with it ....When I click properties and look at general i get this information:

Device Type : SCSI and RAID Controllers
Manufacturer : Promise

this Device cannot start (code 10)

I cant update the drivers cause he say's the version on the computer is newer then my downloaded one...

Another thing is when I boot up the pc...I also get this message:

SATA378 TX2plus(tm) BIOS Version 1.00.0.33
(c)2002-2005 Promise Technology, Inc. All rights reserved.
Detecting.......

No device is found!
BIOS is not installed.

But then he boots on to windows xp...

I hope you guys got enough info now...I tried evrything :( :(

Old 06-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

When you say the 2 Raptors wont work, what happens exactly?
You should be able to go into the bios and set it for Raid - disable the promise (that will lose the bios not installed message) and then set up the Raid array in the Raid bios. You can then go on to a fresh install of windows. F6 will allow you to install the Raid drivers at the prompt. If the disks aren't recognised more often than not its because the wrong drivers have been installed.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:42 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

@ dopefather
You can still set up your system with the SATA HDD's as RAID with WinXP if you wish. Check out clintfan's excellent tutorial Asus P4P800-P4C800 Series: Installing RAID on Intel ICH5R . If you want your OS on a RAID setup, it is recommended that you use the Intel ICH5R for that. The Intel ICH5R connectors are labeled 'SATA1' and SATA2'

What you are seeing now are messages for the Promise SATA controller, which is the secondary SATA/IDE controller for your mobo. It's connectors are 'SATA_RAID1' and 'SATA_RAID2'. If you are not using the Promise controller, then you can disable it in BIOS and you won't see the message during boot, nor will you see anything in 'device manager'.

Good luck and let us know if this helps.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:50 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to dopefather
Thank you for the nice replies guys...I'm printing the tutorial right now, and I'm gonna check it out.

Thx alot !

Greetzzz