Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

Need help!!! my computor freezes during start up at mem test!!

This is a discussion on Need help!!! my computor freezes during start up at mem test!! within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i need help bad allof my work is on that computor and my computor keeps freezing at memory test exacactly

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

i need help bad allof my work is on that computor and my computor keeps freezing at memory test exacactly like in the beefs thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beef
All right, first of all, really sorry to be another one of those 1st post 'please-help-me' people! I've been following these boards for quite a while and now this problem has come up.

Often times my computer will randomly reboot. Sometimes I'll restart the computer myself (e.g. after a software install). What happens is the black screen comes up and my processor is recognized, but it freezes during the memory test. I can't hit ESC to skip it, and I can't hit DEL to get into the BIOS. I can't run memcheck86, because I can't press F11 get to the boot options. I've got a stick of 512 mb 184-pin PC3200 RAM made by Rosewill, and suspecting that was the issue I swapped in a stick of 256 mb samsung pc2700 ram. It ran fine for a while. Then I restarted, and bam, frozen on the memory test yet again. Furthermore, the Rosewill 512 RAM worked fine in another computer. What could it possibly be?

It just stops on this screen. Sometimes it'll display the text "Memory testi" or some partial variant of "Memory testing: 5262402k complete" or whatever it usually says.

i need help fast i cant seem to find a soulotion i have the same computor as the beef only an amd athalon 64 3700+ instead. plz help

Old 02-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Hi,

The first thing I would do would be to remove all the ram but 1 stick and see if that helps if not then try the other sticks 1 at a time.

We need more back round on the system and the full specs

Is the system new? If not make sure the heat sink is free of dust and tight so it is not a overheat problem.

Does the system beep at all?

" The Beef" problems maybe totally different than yours because he mentioned random reboot and your system freezes so please be as specific as you can.

Rick

JOIN TEAM TSF
Old 02-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #3
Registered Member

my computor is brand new bought 3 days ago biostar cru51-m9 1 gig ram athlon 64 3700+ 180 gb hard drive invidia geforce 6200 srry for the inclearity
and my keyboard does not respond so i cannot get into the bios
Old 02-05-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
Registered Member

just a short beep but that would mean all clear according to the beep codes (it is running on award bios
Old 02-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Ok this could be any number of things and I am asssuming that you have never been able to load windows.

Remove all the drives power and data cables, remove all cards except video, remove all ram except i stick in dimm 1

power on the computer and see if you can enter bios by repeatedly tapping the delete key. If you can enter bios then one of the removed components is bad so replace them one at a time to you find the offending one.

What power supply are you using? Please list brand and model number

If you can't enter bios post back

JOIN TEAM TSF
Old 02-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
Registered Member

before i posted i tried the delete key repeadedly but it freezes whille entering and countinusly says eneteing setup the computor is an xplio 1055 and i have loaded windows before on that machiene and runed very smothly . i am very advanced when it comes to computing and have tried most things on it but nothing to my knowledge is working.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #7
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

tap f8 when booting and from the options choose last known good configuration
have you tried safe mode
try resetting the cmos
if it is only 3 days old it must be under warranty,so if none of these work take it back if you touch the inside you will probably void the warranty
Old 02-06-2006, 04:15 AM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman
most likely its eaither a weak PSU or incompatible memory sticks >>> thats why its important to check the memory makers website to buy sticks that have been tested and guaranteed to work with your mobo model. The memory model number is a necessary thing to research !! long gone are the days we can just pop in any ole memory stick as long as it meets our system specs

If you think a poor quality power supply cant make weird issues; think again!http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ot-458103.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ml#post2598903
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread