Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My "Drive 0 (C:D:)" disk usage is going upto a 100%

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  emosun 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm facing this problem that my laptop is at some points really slow; when I checked one day Taskmanager for answers, I found this:

This isn't normal, so I decided to check the Resource Monitor and this is what I found:

It seems that a few applications/processes such as System, SvcHost.exe, Taskhost.exe and AvastSvc.exe are generally causing this.
However, I thought that I shouldn't be stopping these processes since that might be harmful for your system, right?

Does anyone know what I should do?
Help me please, would be really much appreciated!

CPU: AMD A8-5550M
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 500GB

Regards,
BeTheNoob

P.S.: Sorry for the pictures being in the Dutch language.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there,

May I ask, when was the last time your computer worked successfully? Did this problem came about all of a sudden? One thing you can do, scan your computer for any viruses/spyware using a good program called "MalwareBytes". Hope everything works out well for you and please provide and update when you can, thank you.

#3 ·
Thank you for your reply;

Yea, it started about 1 week ago or something; simply all of the sudden.
I ran a few virusscans, ran CCleaner to do a registercheck, did a drivercontrole, scanned for malware and PUP's (not with MalwareBytes though, but with a different one). However none of them gave anything conclusive and the problem is still occurring after all these tests.

#4 ·
Hi there,

Try another thing, this time scan your computer HDD for any errors. Go to the manufacturer's website of your computer HDD and download the diagnostics utility and put the program on a bootable media like a USB flash drive or CD. Boot the computer to the diagnostics utility, follow the on-screen instructions, and scan your computer HDD for any errors. Please provide an update when you can, thank you.

#5 ·
You could also just trace the program back to their source files and if they aren't programs you use then delete them.

I can already tell you that svhost isn't suppose to be in your downloads folder which is apparently where it's running from which is a pretty clear sign whatever aps are running aren't suppose to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.