Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

My DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop Computer Won't Turn ON ............?

This is a discussion on My DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop Computer Won't Turn ON ............? within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello Everyone, I have a DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop(around 3yrs. old) .......... motherboard - Foxconn G33M02 ...... it was working

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
Registered Member

Red Faced

Hello Everyone,
I have a DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop(around 3yrs. old) .......... motherboard - Foxconn G33M02 ...... it was working fine till yesterday but after having cleaned the system for dust and all ...... I again powered the system and it just woun't start i.e. even after pressing the power button(on the front side of the system), nothing happens i mean no fans moving,no light of any kind, no nothing. Although the Green LED under the power cable connector turns green (on the back side,Just below the power cable connector) after having attached the power cable to it. For having a look inside i opened the cabinet that found that the Orange LED is light up almost on the top right corner of the motherboard but nothing happens while i press the power button ..... and thus i'm fearing that the motherboard has gone out of order ...........
In order to troubleshoot the problem i jumped the Green and Black cable ports of the PSU and the fan starting moving ........ so, i'm supposing that the PSU is working fine ...

I'm also wanting to know how to check the motherboard and if so the individual capacitors and resistors on it ...........and if just in case i'm unable to resolve the issue what options do i have in terms of motherboard(which is similar in technical specifications to my original motherboard), as DELL is charging me a lot more than the price of a new Motherboard .............
so,kindly suggest me a new motherboard of similar capacity i.e. no of SATA ports,IDE ports,RAM slots etc.which i can buy from a local vendor ........

My current system configuration are as follows :-
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160
Foxconn G33M02 Motherboard
300 Watts PSU/SMPS
SATA DVD RW+/-
Bluetooth module with 13 in 1 media card reader
IEEE firewire 1394
TV tuner card(internal)
Intel's Onboard LAN
SATA HDD 160 GB
Link to the Specification page :-

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/e....htm#wp1052310

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated ............
thnxx in advance .............

Old 06-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

Try reseating any cards and RAM. It is very easy to dislodge something while cleaning.
First suspect on any OEM PC over a couple of years in age is the PSU.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:29 AM   #3
Registered Member

Red Faced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyree View Post
Try reseating any cards and RAM. It is very easy to dislodge something while cleaning.
First suspect on any OEM PC over a couple of years in age is the PSU.
Thnxx a lot for ur quick responsive reply ...........
I have already tried reseating each and every component as far as I feel ......
but still the problem persists .............. i have also tried a different PSU just to confirm ...........
But just wanted to know one more thing ...... how to test the ON/OFF switch for its proper functionality ..........
thnxx in advance ...........
Old 06-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware

Unplug the connector from the Mobo-use a small screwdriver and touch BOTH Power terminals. The PC should boot is all is well.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Unplug the connector from the Mobo-use a small screwdriver and touch BOTH Power terminals. The PC should boot is all is well.

Thnxxx again for the quick reply .............
but the switch i'm refering too is not the power connector but the switch on the front panel of the desktop which is used to power the desktop ........... so i'm just not getting how to connect the terminals i.e. which all terminals to be connected .........
Old 06-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
Team Manager - Hardware

My reference was to the Power Button locatd on the front of your PC case.
Did you unplug all the connectors to the front panel?
Most Dell PC's use one connector for all of the front panel (Power On-Reset-Hdd LED-Power LED)connections.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
Registered Member

Red Faced

Quote:
My reference was to the Power Button locatd on the front of your PC case.
Did you unplug all the connectors to the front panel?
Most Dell PC's use one connector for all of the front panel (Power On-Reset-Hdd LED-Power LED)connections.

thnxxx again for your quick reply ..........
Yeah you spotted it right i.e. same is the case with me i mean my DELL PC also has just a single connector for Power on-reset-HDD LED - Power LED) ...........
But I don't know how to switch the system ON by touching the power terminals as you quoted earlier i mean the socket has in total 6 wires and which two to be touched i don't know ............
Old 06-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
Team Manager - Hardware

Some Mobo's are labeled but a magnifying glass is sometimes needed to read them.
Most commonly the two wires will be Red (+) & Black (-).

Old 06-05-2010, 01:14 AM   #9
Registered Member

Smile

Thnxxx to everyone for your replies ..............
and yeah the good news is that my system has started working perfectly again .........
it all happened while i removed everything off my computer except the motherboard and processor and troubleshooted the Power ON/OFF switch ..... n there i was there was a loose/faulty connection at the terminal of the ON/OFF switch connection .........
So,while i pressed the port quiet hard and powered the ON/OFF switch, the computer started and there and then my problem got solved .......... although i had previously also reseated the On/OFF switch port earlier but i don't know still may be there was some error earlier ........
thnxxx again to everyone .............
Old 06-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
Registered Member

Why are my post been Deleted? When i have a problem with the same Computer, is it not better to kill 2 bird in 1 shot or u guys need me to open up another thread...
Old 06-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by noszeratul View Post
Why are my post been Deleted? When i have a problem with the same Computer, is it not better to kill 2 bird in 1 shot or u guys need me to open up another thread...
Your problem is not the same as this one . . you are being helped here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...rt-487902.html
Old 06-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #12
Registered Member

Yeah, saw it late as u can see.. lol, my bad.