Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

My computer makes a racing noise

This is a discussion on My computer makes a racing noise within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. every time an application starts up my computer makes a racing noise, like it's starting a race car or something.

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

every time an application starts up my computer makes a racing noise, like it's starting a race car or something. I have heard my computer start up before, but this system has been the loudest I've ever heard. I have to put it in sleep mode everytime I'm not on it. I've taken it apart and tried to blow dust out of it but sound continues, Please help if you can

Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Post the make/model of the PC. If custom built then post the specs.

MB-CPU-RAM-GPU-PSU brand/wattage

Post the temp and voltage readings from the BIOS.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
computer connecting to two networks (one unidentified)?
Recently I had a problem where my desktop computer running Windows Vista could not make a wireless connection to the internet. I have a cable modem connected by Ethernet cable to a wireless router, and all other computers and devices in the house (e.g. laptop & iPod) were able to connect to my...
lkadlec Networking Support 48 02-11-2011 12:41 AM
Malware on Computer from a year ago...
A year ago, my computer got some kind of virus, so I turned it off thinking, "I'll deal with it later..." and now a year later I still haven't. It's just been sitting in a corner in my room as I've been scared to death of turning it back on. Asking for help here for my brother's computer (thanks...
Piper Resolved HJT Threads 7 02-05-2011 01:28 PM
Brother's computer had a rootkit, was reformatted, and now it isn't working properly
I did not know whether to post this Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help or in Windows XP Support. I apologize if this is in the wrong place. This is not a problem with my own computer, but with my brother's. He and his family are staying with us for a while and I guess their computer got a rootkit. They...
Piper Resolved HJT Threads 35 01-31-2011 02:09 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM