Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My ASUS M11AA Desktop power button broke. Where can i get a replacement cable?

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JimE 
#1 ·
The button thats connected to the wire snapped, where can i get a replacement cable that runs from the motherboard to the 'on switch'. Thats what i need replaced. the cable in question says. awm e321011 style 2725.
If this exact cable cant be replaced whats the alternative, what can I attach to a mother board and use as a power switch?

#2 ·
The cabling and switch are usually all one piece. I've not seen cabling that plugs onto the motherboard and the switch(s).

You could try contacting Asus or an Asus repair center. If you can find a parts list with actual part numbers, you may find the part yourself online.

Otherwise, depending on exactly what broke and where, you could likely just splice the wire or solder it back into place.

#5 ·
Parts for OEM hardware are often hard to find as they are not readily available to the general public. So anyone that does provide them, can sell them at whatever price they wish.

Personally, I don't buy OEM computers, so this is a non-issue for me. Another of the benefits of building your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.