Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

msi ex465 powers on but no display at all

This is a discussion on msi ex465 powers on but no display at all within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I used my MSi 465 laptop and after few hours I shut it down completely then kept it on the

Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

I used my MSi 465 laptop and after few hours I shut it down completely then kept it on the laptop bag. The following morning when I tried to use it, it powers on but the screen is totally blank. Then I recall that before placing the laptop on the table it kinda bumped the corner. But its inside the laptop bag though and its just a very light bump. My laptop is working fine until that incident. Would that be a possible reason its not showing any display at all? What do I need to do? I'm not that tekky when it comes to laptop. I tried fixing regular desktop but not a laptop.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

Try connecting the laptop to a PC monitor.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer powers on, Fast GPU fan, no display.
First and foremost, my tech level is high. I have a degree in Network Administration, and I've been working with computer hardware for about 8 years. About a week or so ago we had bad storms in the area and when I cam home from work, my computer was off (obviously from power outage). I didn't...
Slaythem Motherboards, Bios & CPU 7 04-13-2011 07:41 AM
Dell laptop display blank
I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, which has been working 100% fine until yesterday. It was in standby with the lid shut, I opened the lid and the screen turned on (as normal), I then closed the lid (settings dictate that it should have remained on, only turning the display off). When I opened the...
kingjim103 Laptop Support 12 03-12-2011 10:43 AM
msi 1719 (GX700) LCD display issues
A friend of mine recently gave me his old laptop after it died. It wasn't powering on, even after prelacing both the power jack on the computer, and the power board (and the ac adapter). I found a reasonably priced motherboard for it, and last night went through the trouble of replacing it. ...
bluezeak Laptop Support 1 02-09-2011 05:25 PM
HP DV7-1020us doesn't detect internal display
Ok, so when I boot my laptop, just the HDD, 1 2GB stick of ram, and cpu the computer starts up, I hear the Vista jingle through the speakers and the screen backlight comes on, the screen glows brightly and the HP logo on the back of the display case lights up, however, the screen is black. This...
jcrulz13 Laptop Support 13 02-02-2011 08:32 PM
Duplicate display adapter keeps reinstalling itself.
Firstly, THANK YOU in advance for reading this and being willing to help out!!! I truly appreciate it! I have scoured the internet for help, but I have found nothing at all, only many "almost" similar cases that offered no help. I have a simple netbook - Dell Inspiron 910, with Windows XP Home...
Tophat_Nate Laptop Support 0 01-02-2011 09:50 PM