Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

Motherboard Problems

This is a discussion on Motherboard Problems within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Good day! I have a custom computer configuration - Biostar AM2+ motherboard with AMD Athlon X64 Dual Core Processor 2.7

Old 04-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Arrow

Good day!

I have a custom computer configuration - Biostar AM2+ motherboard with AMD Athlon X64 Dual Core Processor 2.7 GHz ; 1GB DDR2 667 MHz ; 40GB IDE Hard Disk Drive ; 500 Watts PSU.

When I turn it on, the power indicator won't on, even the red light (Busy State Indicator - Hard Disk Indicator). But the fans including the CPU fan are turning goodly.

Well, I try it on and off a hundred times, and at luck, it boots, but unfortunately, it shows cracked images, even on POST and in BIOS utility, therefore, I need to restart it. Now that I have restarted it, this again backs to the same scenario - having trouble showing the POST screen.

I try to reseat the CPU, Memory and Hard Disk, but no changes made.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

In addition to that, well, when the power indicator turns on, the screen shows the POST. And as usual, the windows loads. But unfortunately, in a matter of minutes, the screen shows cracked images, like in grid.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

Model Number of the Mobo?
Brand & Model of the 500W PSU?
Are you using Onboard Graphics or a dedicated GPU?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote