Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

motherboard

This is a discussion on motherboard within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I have taken my Gateway laptop to a technician and he said my laptop will not work due to

Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello I have taken my Gateway laptop to a technician and he said my laptop will not work due to the motherboard. I am not a genius when it comes to computers but would really like to fix this laptop if possible. When you turn it on it just keeps rebooting and will never bring up the opening page. Do you have any ideas to help me with this. Not sure the exact name but it is an older laptop but it is the one that the screens flips to where you can use it as a notebook and write on it.

Thanks Kelly

Old 03-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF,

Can you access the bios?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a new motherboard, not sure which to get.
Hi, I would like to upgrade my motherboard but i dont know which one to get, so if anyone could please point me in the right direction to get something better and hopefully be compatible with my graphics card. I don't mind upgrading my processor if the new motherboard is not compatible with my...
solano85 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 2 03-05-2012 08:41 PM
Moving cases, need help with motherboard I/O
I have a slim-line Gateway Sx2801-07e system witch I am moving to a new case with a larger PSU for a graphics card. The case I've picked out is a Pixxo CM-9E8A-B: Pixxo CM-9E8A-B Micro ATX ITX Tower Computer Case Black 450w Power Supply 80mm Fan Front USB Audio Card Reader-Best Computer Online...
MasonMc Cases and Cooling 1 03-05-2012 05:52 PM
[SOLVED] trying to help a friend with this motherboard
i'm trying to help a friend with his motherboard. when asked what type it is, this is what i was told... "Manufacturer: Dell Inc, Model: OUT226" Chip-set: Nvidia 6150 South-bridge: nforce 410/430 MCP LPCIO: SMSC i'm having trouble finding this board online, i'm basically trying find out...
Deleted20121218 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 2 03-04-2012 03:45 PM
DA06L-3D M/B Motherboard Problem
Hi there, I have a slight issue with my current PC. I have had a so called qualified person try to install the DA06L-3D motherboard into a new case for me but this person has just pulled everything out without taking note of were it all goes. The main problem is that there is no indication on the...
Shanuing Motherboards, Bios & CPU 4 03-03-2012 06:29 AM
Ram or Motherboard or something else.
I have a Supermicro x8sil-f i3-550 motherboard and 2 sticks of 1x4GB ecc ram. RAM meets motherboard spec but has not been "tested by them". RAM manufacturer has MB on supported list. Anyway, motherboard always detects ram correctly but gets recoverable (ecc) and then unrecoverable errors but only...
dalama32 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 03-01-2012 06:21 AM