Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Moniter not receiving video

3K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  Crowbar 
#1 ·
I recently purchased A P8Z 77 v pro and all compatible parts such as memory video card soundcard monitor and the like, my video card is a EVGA GeForce GTX 750 and Ti, this is my first build. Going by the instructions I set up all the necessary partsand tried turning everything on and going through installation when I turned on the computer motherboard
will not send a video output to the monitorgoing on websites and calling tech-support found that a red light indicated on the motherboard was on and that it indicated that it was a problem I might also say that this is actually the second motherboard because because the first motherboard I received I was told by Compu force that the motherboard was faulty and the video tray were faulty, as far as I can tell there are no bent pins on the motherboard or the processor and I was told that it could be the bios but when I followed the instructions nothing happened with that either it took me four months to receive this new board so I really hope it is not that someone please help me

#3 ·
This is my first computer so that first one I have no idea how to do that on the second one I tried my VGA cord did not work try HDMI cord did not work and I tried the DVI cord and it did not work so it's highly unlikely me that all three cords are faulty The third one I haven't tried a different GPU as this is the only GPU I have. My specs are four G skill 4 GB memory and Intel five 3470, EVGA GeForce GTX 750 TI. A RX 730 raid Max power supply a zonar DG sound card and an Asus moniter

#5 ·
I have put this computer together around 10 times now as well as compuforce putting it together and in those 10 times some were inside the case and some were not and every time exact same thing I do know that the CPU LED light comes on and it is red and it does not go off I have checked for bent pins on the motherboard and the GPU and neither is the case

#18 ·
Re: Moniter not receiving video

hi pal, I was reading your post about computer problem, I built a custom pc for a friend and had same sort of problem as you, his graphics card was a 3.0 but his board would only take a 2.0 pci-e, the site he bought from said it was compatible but it was not, I had a quick look at the spec on your setup and the only thing I see is that your board said it supports 3.0/2.0 but at end there is a *, if you read the info about the * it only supports (*3: PCIe 3.0 speed is supported by Intel® 3rd generation Core™ processors.) your NVIDIA's graphics card will be an amd based processor, and based on this I think you have a compatibility issue.
jim

#20 ·
Re: Moniter not receiving video

hi there i can see 2 red lights one for your video card and one for your cpu ,first one the guy that wrote the last post is full of it,,amd uses a nvida gpu don,t be silly ,,and don't offer help to people if you don't no what your talking about.
your problem first off you need 2 sticks of memory in the slot your using ,use the one next to the cpu ,first job you need to do reset the memory into the correct ports.test see if it boots .if not remove your graphics card and its power ,then install it again making shore that the metal bracket that holds the card in is not touching the motherboard and installing the power .as for your cpu there 2 connectors a 24 pin connector and a 8 pin connector are there,s both connected to the motherboard ?.all so if your motherboard as a on bored
graphics if it does attach your monitor to it remove the graphics card temporary,
go into the bios and then select external graphics card .then re install the graphics card .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.