Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Long boot times after installing GeForce GTX 760

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Hearsepilot 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi I am having trouble finding a solution to this. After installing a GTX 760 into my Jetway Ji61G motherboard the boot screen (American Megatrends screen) hangs for over a minute before continuing to Windows. Also I can't access BIOS anymore. When I hit the bios key I get the message "entering setup" and then it hangs again for over a minute before the screen goes black with just a blinking cursor in the top left. None of this was a problem when I had my GTX 550 Ti installed. I have the latest BIOS update and gpu drivers installed (and old gpu drivers uninstalled). I also have fast boot disabled in Windows.

Any ideas?

#3 ·
Thanks. The issue actually first started as soon as I plugged in the 760 before I installed any drivers. I just removed all the drivers again and installed the launch drivers but that didn't work. I'm not sure this is a driver problem. Like I said I also can't access BIOS. I just get sent to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left. Any other ideas to diagnose the problem?

#9 ·
Hi there, I can think of a few things it may be, one could be, bios settings may need to be set to default, i.e reset cmos, another could be display settings of the card itself, how many displays are actually plugged into the card ? if more than one, switch all on and watch the pc boot, and lastly although to be fair, the least likely I think could be a bios update is required.

#10 · (Edited)
I just had this exact problem with a friend's computer last week. In her case I updated the BIOS and the problem was solved.
(System was gigabyte MB, 3570k, & GTX 960) It had arisen when she upgraded from a GTX 560 months ago, apparently.

You may want to try resetting CMOS if you haven't already, and/or try entering BIOS to check settings using onboard graphics if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.