Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

Laptop Battery died while installing windows

This is a discussion on Laptop Battery died while installing windows within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My friend is asking me to help him with his laptop that died during a windows xp installation. It's a

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

My friend is asking me to help him with his laptop that died during a windows xp installation. It's a Compaq nc6220. The problem is that the system doesn't start consistently. 9 out of 10 times when I power it on, nothing happens, nothing comes up on screen. When the screen does come on, i boot from the cd drive but the windows install never finishes, always hangs up. I used the Ultimate Boot Disk to try and wipe the CMOS and got further in the installation process but still hangs up. Anyone got any idea on how I should approach this system?

Old 10-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

I think it would be best to format the hard drive before trying to installe XP again. It may be best to do this with does if possible. if not, I think you can formate the disk through the XP cd before installing.
Closed Thread