Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyboard problems outside any Operating System

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Derek12 
#1 ·
First of all I think that this subforum is the correct and not the Other Hardware Support because I think the problem is in the computer and not the keyboard.

I am having problems with my Keyboard since I've changed the old PS/2 one with a wireless USB Logitech

Symptoms: Sometimes the keyboard doesn't work during POST, MS-DOS prompt, BIOS, Windows F8 menu, or any software outside of the Operating System. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes not at all, or sometimes works then after 1 min stops working. In any case the system doesn't freeze, it's the keyboard who stops and the Caps and Num lock LEDs (they are in the USB receptor) don't change and don't respond when happens. I have to reset until the keyboard works.
Inside of any OS, it works without problems, so I don't think the keyboard is faulty.

Background: Before of that, I had a PS/2 generic keyboard, it worked fine in any case. Then I got a wireless keyboard/mouse combo and then the problem began. The old keyboard was thrown away because some keys didn't work properly.

What I've tried: Checked that USB keyboard in BIOS is enabled, updated BIOS, cleared CMOS, tried all rear USB ports. What I don't have is another USB keyboard or another computer to check but as I stated before I don't think the keyboard is faulty.

Does anyone have a idea of what's happening?

Many thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi, many thanks for your reply, yes I've installed the drivers and software included,

No, the rest of USB things works fine, USB memories are always detected by BIOS even when the keyboard's not.
Though my problem only happens outside of Windows, inside of it the keyboard and so on works always flawlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.