Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

Intel® Desktop Board D101GGC

This is a discussion on Intel® Desktop Board D101GGC within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to stangapds Send a message via MSN to stangapds Send a message via Yahoo to stangapds
Roll Eyes

My motherboard that came default with my Emachines T3508 is a Intel Desktop Board D101GGC. Emachines has released 1 update to this and the later Intel Bios update is newer which might solve my problem. Emachines has some how led everyone to believe that you can't flash the Bios with a release other than theirs. Is that possible? I just bought a Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 2600 Pro that doesn't work and has a driver problem. My last solution to try is updating the bios with the newer intel release, but emachines says it's not possible. It is?

Old 02-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

the companies modify the bios to their own configuration
when you bought the new video card did you check there was enough power to run it
what was in there before

Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to stangapds Send a message via MSN to stangapds Send a message via Yahoo to stangapds

Originally after installing the card I had a 400 Watt Power supply, and after some of my problems, I upgraded it to a 650 Watt Power Supply, thinking that it would solve my problem but it didn't. And before, there was integrated Ati Express 200 Graphics, and then after that, Ati Radeon X300 graphics, now, the Ati Radeon HD 2600 Pro giving me nothing really :) So I guess the board was configured for ATI but this card also has onboard HD sound and probably other features that emachines didn't think about.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:28 AM   #4
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

what brand is the 650w
when you installed the new card what did you do with the drivers and software
with the new card in do you get a screen if safe mode
Old 02-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
Registered Member

PS is ChiefMax,

I tried a clean installation and 4 different sets of drivers... Cd drivers, ati updated drivers, omega drivers, and updated sapphire drivers (After uninstall all traces of previous drivers as them being known to cause conflicts) then trying each set.

And yes, I do get graphics in safemode, and in VGA mode where the resolution is 640 * 480, but as soon as I go higher in res, the driver ati2dvag.dll goes into a infinite loop. (I looked onine for a fix for the ati2dvag.dll would not crash like this but I only found solutions for a AGP card and not PCIe. Thanks

And also is there anyway to still flash the bios with the newer intel? Emachines cant totally lock out the upgrade feature... Can they?
Old 03-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

chiefmax are low quality power supplies you need to put a quality psu in there
there is a review on it here
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...=Story&reid=71
you should be in this catagory of psu's
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139004
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817104014