Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IBP-Z001 Watercooling System Question

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Panther063 
#1 ·
Hello everybody,

I have been using my PC for as long as 3~4 years with no problems,but one day after coming home from work,on the boot the PC would turn off and turn on every 5 seconds with no beeps from motherboard or anything,kind of when you want to start a car engine and it won't start,even if the PC was running with no problems the night before.After leaving it to turn off and turn on by it self the Video Card and couple of other fans start to spin and the lights on motherboard turn on,however the Watercooling System lights are off,and the fan next to the radiator does not spin and the rear fan does not spin.The motherboard continues to work with nothing coming on the monitor.

I decided to take a look,to see what's wrong,and discovered that the cooling system appears to be damaged? [See picture #1]
P.S: There was VERY little amount of thermal paste was left so i decided to clean it off.
Also,it appears that the cooling system damaged the chip just a bit slightly.[See picture #2,3]

What I would like to know is,is it safe to assume that the cooling system is very badly damaged and needs a replacement and also about the chip,it has just a bit of damage to it?
How does this even happen?

Thank you for your time,I apologize for any spelling mistakes.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
So where is this damage you are seeing. All I see is a bit of dried paste on the water block and a lot of dust accumulation in the radiator.

#3 ·
If you have been using the same liquid cooler for that period of time it may have failed.
First re-apply thermal paste sparingly and fit the cooler, then check all connections are secure and try to boot the system with all but one stick of Ram removed.
It is also possible the PSU has failed and not supplying sufficient clean power.
I also notice your GPU is not mounted in the correct primary slot and will run at half speed at X8 not X16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.