Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IBM x3850 X5 No BIOS installed

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Superion 
#1 ·
I recently bought a IBM x3850 from the Electronics Recycling Association, and I have no IBM contact information whatsoever. Therefore, I cannot ask for help from them.

The problem with the server, is that after the initial boot up sequence and the controller kernel loads, it tells me "No BIOS installed!" and continues booting. Then, after it loads the boot menu (which is activated by pressing F12 at the correct time) whatever I try to boot from simply gives me a screen that shows a floppy disk being inserted on a loop and a F1 button held down. Pressing F1 will make the server try to boot again.

Can anyone direct me to the correct ISO to install the correct other half of the bios so I can install an OS on the server?

#2 ·
All of the hardware specs are needed.

You will need the motherboard brand/model/revision and the HDD controller board brand/model/revision if an addon card is being used. You should then be able to get what you need from the hardware manufacturers website.

#3 ·
This may be far off because of no computer specs or whatever you are doing, but are you wanting to use a SCSI or RAID drive? You can disable this by entering CMOS setup and disabling the onboard SCSI or RAID. Find the option to disable it, click F10 to Save and Exit, and then you will be prompted to click Y to verify.

With any new computer, first thing you should do is create a repair disk. Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.