Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

HP Pavilion p6310f - No POST, no Display.

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion p6310f - No POST, no Display. within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey everyone, Recently I had to replace my harddrive, I ran a smart test in the BIOS and it said

Old 09-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey everyone,

Recently I had to replace my harddrive, I ran a smart test in the BIOS and it said that hd failure was iminent. I replaced my western digital SATA interface 1tb at like 5200rpm for a 1tb 7200rpm western digital sata.

I tried installing Windows XP and it froze at setup, I started to get boot problems after that in which it would 1 short beep, 1 long beep. I isolated the reason for that and fixed it.

Now it does NOT POST at all, I've tried the process of elimination, when I power on, it boots, I can hear the harddrive working. The CDROM is not installed. The heatsink, internal fan and PSU fan work fine.

I was using my 300W PSU but I swapped it for my 400W Dynex to see if that was the cause of the problem.

My desktop comes with an integrated nVidia GFX, I can't remove it and I don't know a lot about it so I don't know what to do troubleshooting wise. I only have 1 known working monitor available and it worked fine before the boot issues occured, it works fine on the laptop I'm using atm.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

I find when replacing anything hardware related on a OEM computer it's best to remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes. Replace and enter into BIOS and set the time and date to present.
Gear in this thread