Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

How do I install SM BUS Controller?

This is a discussion on How do I install SM BUS Controller? within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. How do I install SM BUS Controller? What is the SM BUS Controller and what is the function? Thank You

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

How do I install SM BUS Controller?
What is the SM BUS Controller
and what is the function?
Thank You
Bob Whitman
xboomerx@yahoo.com

Old 04-08-2006, 02:58 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

SM Bus controller is your Systems Management controller. This is a part of your chipset drivers, usually intel based chips. If you've just done a recent install, you probably just installed windows and not your motherboard/chipset drivers. They're not exactly ESSENTIAL, but to get best performance, you'll want them to be installed. It's a basic basic communications controller between things on your motherboard.

What motherboard do you have? If you still have the CD that came with the motherboard, go ahead and pop it in and install the drivers on it.

If you don't have the CD, but you know what motherboard and chipset you have, go to the manufacturer's website and download the proper drivers.

If you don't know what motherboard you have, and have no CD's, you can download a free program named "Everest Home Edition" that will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about your computer.

v0709 | Intel Prescott 3.2ghz | 2gb Corsair XMS DDR2-800 PC2-6400 | Sparkle Power 550w PSU | ATI All-In-Wonder X600 Pro | Sound Blaster Audigy 4 | CoolerMaster Aluminum Case | WD Raptor 76gb 10K RPM SATA HDD |ASUS CD/DVD RW Combo Drive | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy Combo Drive | Coolermaster Copper Heatsink
Old 04-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
Registered Member

I have a ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE motherboard
with Windows XP pro installed.
The motherboard has a NVIDIA nForce2 chipset.
What is a good link to SM BUS Controller diver
for Windows XP pro?
Thank You
Bob Whitman
xboomerx@yahoo.com
Old 04-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman
the SM bus controller is not a seperate driver >>> but its included into the motherboard chipset driver package >>>>> you can look for your motherboards newest chipset drivers (usually a .inf file) at the support/ download section on the asus website

If you think a poor quality power supply cant make weird issues; think again!http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ot-458103.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ml#post2598903
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread