Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help with laptop beeps, please

659 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
Hi! I hope this is the right thread.
I have an HP compact laptop that is...well, asking for retiring. But it still works and as long as he does so, I want to use it. I don't understand much about computers but I'll do my best to explain it clearly.
Well, the laptop has suffered several problems in the course of the years (plenty with heating) and now it even turns on by itself once I barely connect the ac adapter. And it doesn't start normally, but always as if it had been wrongly shut down the previous time (which wasn't) and it will always appear a black screen before that if I don't click on F1 won't go away.
But yesterday the touchpad froze - it would move around but wouldn't click unless I used the right button. Then when I was finally able to shut the laptop down it started to beep insanely as if it was an ambulance! It was several loud short beeps (stopped counting them at 20 something). It managed to be turn on with no beeps and the touchpad eventually went back to normal after a long time. But now, the beeps came again just like before and the touchpad is still carrying the same problem.
Could you please give me a help or any idea of what it might be? Thanks.

#3 ·
Well, the Laptop is no longer running with the original AC battery/cable because that one has gone to the broken battery/cable land. Since then I've been running it with a new AC of the the same brand. The portable batery doesn't charge anymore but I ended up never knowing if it was because it broke or because it doesn't respond to the new AC correctly. I still Keep it inside the Laptop, although I don't if it's bad to do so.

Also, have in mind the new AC was bought in the UK and my Laptop is originaly from Portugal. Not sure if that might be a problem.

Should I try connecting it elsewhere in the house to see if it makes any difference once I get home?
Also, could be the voltage creating that issue with the touchpad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.