Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

Help my ASUS X5DIJ WONT READ MY HARDDRIVE

This is a discussion on Help my ASUS X5DIJ WONT READ MY HARDDRIVE within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Heres what happened, i was playing a game and lost then got really mad and hit the laptop on the

Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Heres what happened, i was playing a game and lost then got really mad and hit the laptop on the left side on the touch pad.

Now when i boot the laptop it says:

Check cable connection! PXE-M0F: Exiting intel PXE ROM

Under that it says:

Check cable connection! PXE-M0F: Exiting intel PXE ROM

It also has the white dash at the top left corner.

I really regret it now.

I used another laptop and placed the damaged hardrive into an external lead, the other laptop seemed to read it fine but when i placed the damaged harddrive into a computer it has the same problem, this time not using the external lead.

Then i placed the harddrive back into my damaged laptop and still same error.

Is it my mother board that is damaged or the disk card reader?
But the hardrive is running on the damaged laptop.

I need some help please?

Here are my specs:
Intel Celeron dual core CPU T3500
Speed: 2.10Ghz
Hard drive 500GB
2GB RAM
VGA: Intell int GMA 4500M

Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
Tech Hardware Team
Game Team Tech

My System

You might have damaged or reset the cmos settings during your uncontrollable rage,

Quote:
Try this when you boot up , depending on different bios versions you are currently running,

you would have to hit f2 /f12/del to get into bios / setup.
Quote:
Inside there ,you should see a section that goes something along *enable boot from ____ rom (sometimes its network , alot of times its not)

Disable it , change the boot order to hard disk then cd rom then disable everything else that you do not ever boot from.

You may skip this part if you want :

Quote:

Turn your laptop off , take out the battery , unplug it from the power source for 5 minutes, and put the battery back in and boot it up again, see if the problem re occurs, if it does, your mobo is most likely damaged.
The last section is just to make sure that the cmos battery section of your laptop is not damaged.

tyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

Is BIOS Setup utility the same?

Now my laptop just goes onto a white dash in top left corner shortly follows by entering windows boot manager saying:

Windows failed to mstart. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

Insert windows installation disc and restart
choose your language settings
Click repair computer

this time my hard drive didnt run

Is my hard drive damaged or my motherboard? :(