Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

"Detecting array" system won't boot

This is a discussion on "Detecting array" system won't boot within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. We have been running a windows 2000 system for years here. Came in yesterday morning and the system would not

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
Registered Member

We have been running a windows 2000 system for years here. Came in yesterday morning and the system would not "wake up", but all fans and lights and everything were still operating. Changed monitors thinking maybe the old monitor had gone bad, but still nothing. Did a hard reboot. The system does the memory check and then hangs at "detecting array". We do not have RAID setup on this system. I went into the BIOS to make sure it was disabled, which is was. Changed the Halt on Error to "No Errors" to see if it would boot past this error. After trying to reboot a few more times, I enabled the RAID parameters in the BIOS and then rebooted. Came up and said there was no RAID detected and was disabling it, but still would not boot past that. Went in and disabled it again. Rebooted. Still "detecting array" and does not continue to boot.

Don't know if this is some BIOS issue or our motherboard has gone bad or hard disk failure - however, I am going to take out the hard drive and install it in another computer and try to boot - to rule out a hard drive issue.

System Information:
Processor: ADM Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G
Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Operating System: Windows 2000
Hard Drive: Seagate IDE 400G 7200

I have looked through the manual for the motherboard, but don't see anything addressing this (besides the RAID info).

Thank you in advance for your help!!
~Diane