Originally Posted by KidBlack
1. Whenever I close up the case the RPM on the CPU Fan increases.
2. CPU Fan is loud and runs high all the time.
3. CPU is reading 61C, and has never been lower since I put it together.
1. What can I do to get this fan to run at a lower RPM?
2. What can I do to decrease the temperature?
Thanks in advance
the same problem that you do...
In the Power tab in the BIOS is Hardware Monitor sub-menu, in there you'll find CPU Q-Fan Control - change it to enabled, Enabling that will then make CPU Fan Ratio appear - change it from Auto to 70%. CPU Target Temperature will also appear - change it to 53.
Also change the Chassis Q-Fan Control to enabled.
The fans will get *a little* quieter when the proc is idle. And the temp should hover around 53-55. That's the coolest the 3.4 and 3.6 procs get.
Hope that helps.
Have a good one,