Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CPU 91c. I don't know what's wrong. Please help.

2K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
Hey. Everything was alright until my fps in game fell to 1 and my PC turned off itself. I bought it 1,5 years ago via iBuypower. The problem seems to be with temperature but I don't know what can cause it. I cleaned up my fans and cooler with hair dryer but it had no effect at all. Here are video and images, I hope it will help. Thanks :)

Attachments

See less See more
1 3
#6 ·
I'm not sure how to check if actual cooler is working.
At 90C in BIOS, the pump is either not installed correctly, or is not turning at all.

1/ Hold one finger on the pump. You should be able to feel a slight vibration.
2/ Grasp each hose in your hand. One should feel slightly warmer than the other.
3/ Radiator fans turning?. At high CPU temp, should be spinning up to maximum.
4/ Monitor the pump and fan speeds, either within system BIOS or with your preferred monitoring app or a discrete controller.

#7 ·
Thank you for help.

1. I don't feel any vibration.
2. Yes, one hose is hot. And I can feel something going on inside.
3. Yup.
4. I'm not sure where to find fan info but I'm going to search some software and check it out.

I skipped one step when I cleaned my cooler. I didn't use thermal paste because I just didn't have it atm. It's coming tomorrow.

It all happened when I changed and moved my desktop positions. I don't know if it could cause such a huge damage.. It did not hit anything.

I agree I could messed up while installation. My the most advanced experience with hardware is changing GPU, so it's the first time I'm trying to fix something inside.

I will reinstall cooler with thermal paste tomorrow and update results.

Thank you!

#8 · (Edited)
Here's some more info about Desktop. I hope it can be helpful.

I'm not sure if it's connected but I got some problems with PC, when I istalled 980ti over 780 couple months ago which is heating over 70-80c itself(during intanse gaming).

It wouldn't boot first time. I have to restart it almost everyday after first booting.

However, it was almost the only problem. Games did :( run smoothly with decent fps with no problems. It's booting within 10-30 seoconds thank to SSD.

I took this data just after starting up computer with the same problem. Couple minutes ago.

I hope it can help to solve current problem and I'd be very grateful if you can help me to increase its perfomance. :)

#9 · (Edited)
At first glance, I would say, get the CPU out from under the desk where the air can circulate around it. Those large LCDs generate a lot of heat themselves, I wouldn't put mine anywhere near them.

Perhaps by a window or even an external 2' Box fan set on the floor pointed at the front (assuming airflow is from front to back of the tower). Anyway, who made the Video Card? Because the EVGA version has some interesting options.

#14 ·
I skipped one step when I cleaned my cooler. I didn't use thermal paste because I just didn't have it atm. It's coming tomorrow.
Are you saying you removed the cooler and did not replace the TIM before you reinstalled it? That would most likely be your problem.

#19 ·
I haven't received the cooler yet, but CPU is running smoothly today.

I have a guess that this high temps might be caused by GPU. I wasn't running anything overloading today, and it stayed stable. Maybe I need to add more fans to cool better the whole system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.