Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

computer makes a squeeling noise then shuts down

This is a discussion on computer makes a squeeling noise then shuts down within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi iam building a computer out of old bits. i have an asus sk8v mobo 500w psu 4g ram several

Old 03-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi iam building a computer out of old bits. i have an asus sk8v mobo 500w psu 4g ram several opteron chips that i can use. i put it all together and got a few error messages which i expected. i swapped the hard drive for another then switched it on and a sqeeling noise came from inside the case and then it shut off. i have bench tested it and even with just the psu plugged in nothing else its still squeels then shuts down. if i remove the 4 pin psu plug from the mobo i dont get a squeel. what do you think could be wrong. could it be mobo, cpu/heatsink, over heating or something else.
thank you in advance.
jake

Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

You need to distinguish where the noise is originating.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer gone haywire?
Hello fellow forum users! In recent times, my computer has started bugging out (again) whenever I play just about any game. After a while, the screen will flash, then a screen with (usually a certain color) stripes going down it will appear, and my computer will freeze. This is a picture of...
Baeo Video Card Support 24 04-05-2012 11:02 AM
[SOLVED] Computer erratic
My computer has gone completely erratic. I was playing an old version of civilization 3 (which I have played many times before without any problem) when everything started going crazy. After that, I could no longer use the game. Rebooted many times, helped a little far a while then the same. ...
Bill Robertson Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 3 04-01-2012 02:02 AM
Trying to cool down a hot and bothered pc!
Hi Trying to cool down a hot and bothered pc! Its an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (Kentsfield). Its fine when idling but when loaded to 100% rendering some 3D images the temp climbs to 85 degs and the cpu fan is super noisy. Have a look at the attached picture....
TheNibbler2010 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 1 03-31-2012 04:23 PM
My Laptop keeps shutting down
Hey guys, My laptop, a Fujitsus Siemens keeps shutting down as soon as I start watching a video on youtube, skynews or movies as well as series on internet. Can anyone help me please? thanks in advance
qbeeee Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 03-31-2012 03:05 PM
[SOLVED] Computer will not stay in sleep mode.
Hi,i have noticed my computer will not sit in sleep mode for longer than one minute.Its just started doing this and i have looked in power options but cannot resolve this..Win7....64 bit..
alank950 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 03-31-2012 09:37 AM