Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

computer keeps shutting down

This is a discussion on computer keeps shutting down within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My computer shuts down right in the middle of playing games. When I start it up it takes forever to

Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

My computer shuts down right in the middle of playing games. When I start it up it takes forever to load up. Im new to puters so any help would be appreciated. thanks

my computer keeps shutting off during playing games, etc

Old 03-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

Old 03-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

It might be an overheating problem. Check ur tempretures if you have a program. If not you can download one off the internet. Some CPU's and graphics are set to turn off if the heat is too high. It could also be power supply failing. Mine failed on me and took other components with it. Had the same symptoms.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my HDMI cable wont work on my computer
the cable works on the xbox to the tv. however when i plug it into the computer, my tv wont pick up the picture. is there a program i need to install?:banghead:
allanralph Video Card Support 4 03-18-2012 11:17 PM
Computer wont turn on.
Hi. I have a Dell Dimension 2350 The motherboard has a light on but when you press the power button nothing happens. I bought a new power supply and same thing. What might the problem be? Thank you
zennode Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 03-17-2012 08:13 AM
Computer has problems starting up and sometimes shuts down randomly
First of all no, I'm not a computer expert (although I've recently decided to go into the field), but I can do the normal stuff. I'm pretty young (age 15) and inexperienced so I'm hoping this sight will be pretty helpful in my endeavors in pursuing my career interest since it seems it's a...
Rampage91 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 6 03-16-2012 08:00 AM
system failed to shut down properly/Google search results redirect
I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I previously had a similar problem, but because I was under my two week return policy, I just swapped for a new computer. This started about three days ago. I have my computer set to sleep after 15 minutes, but this problem usually arises when I close my...
DrGreene Resolved HJT Threads 25 03-15-2012 10:32 AM
Programs won't start, have to restart computer
Hi guys, lately I've been having a problem where I try to open a program, but the loading circle appears next to my cursor, and nothing happens, it just keep spinning. I have to restart my computer for it to work. A typical day: -Try to open Firefox, problem as I described happens -Restart...
MysterySandwich Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 03-14-2012 10:42 PM