How do you connect (USB or PS/2)?
Try the other type of connection if you can
If you have only USB
, but your mouse/keyboard work during POST
, then it is NOT the motherboard's USB port. It MAY be the Windows USB drivers
You MAY need to do a Repair Reinstall
WinXP, IF you cannot fine another way to fix the USB drivers
- Boot to your WinXP Setup CD
- At the 1st window with Repair listed in the bottom Statusbar, select to install (skip this Repair)
- Setup should see you have Windows already installed and you'll get a window with a 2nd Repair listed in the bottom Statusbar, use this to start a Recovery Reinstall.
A Recovery, aka Repair, Reinstall
will reinstall all the original system files but leave your present configuration and applications as is.
Note, you will have to redo ALL Win Updates. Highly suggest you only install 3 to 5 at a time:
- De-Select ALL
- Select the first 3 to 5 updates
- Download and install
- IF all install correctly, REBOOT asked to or not
- Repeat until all updates are installed