Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boot problem

1K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  alonm19 
#1 ·
Hi my friends,
I have a boot problem and i don't know the problem
I don't know if it's motherboard (BIOS), CPU or memory.

i follow a great guide from Masterchiefxx17 how to check the memory but it can't start because anything respond (only power and restart button works).

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there,

I am assuming at this point, the laptop doesn't get past the Gigabyte logo post correct? It looks like you have a laptop computer. If so, what is the brand/model of your computer may I ask?

If you're familiar with opening up laptops, then I recommend re-seating both the memory and hard drive.

Hope everything works out well for you.

#4 ·
Hi there,

Ahhh....I apologize, my mistake. May I ask, is your desktop PC a custom built PC or name brand one(Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc.etc.)?

If your PC has an add-on video card and on-board video(integrated onto the motherboard), take out the add-on video card and use the on-board video. See if the same issue still happens.

When was the last time your computer was working fine? Was the BIOS flashed on your computer may I ask?

#6 ·
Hi there,

That's good that you stated your computer issue is fixed. So your computer is fully booting up to Windows now and running without an issue? It's possible that the video card is the culprit.

How old is your computer may I ask? Is your computer new? If you have a spare computer that you can install the videocard onto the computer, that's fully compatible with the video card, test the video card onto that spare computer and see if the issue remains.

Hope everything works out well.

#7 ·
I think i have another pc that compatible with the video card.

my motherboard, CPU and RAM is about 3-4 years
motherboard : Gigabyte h77-ds3h
CPU: I5- 3570K
RAM: G. skill 1333 MHz 4G*2 (kit)
Video card: Gigabyte GTX 970 - about 1-1.5 year old.

but it's worked until last Saturday. There is a chance that it's driver issue? because i didn't make any hardware change for the last time.
When the PC booted up it has a windows issue and now is running disk repair (windows 10). i think it's will take a day for the scan to complete.

#8 ·
Hi there,

Did you recently upgraded the video card drivers for your computer? If so and the issue came up, it's possible that the video card drivers update caused the issue. Do this, un-install the latest drivers for your computer video card. Reboot the computer and once the computer boots back to windows, install an older version of video card drivers for your computer and see if the issue goes away.

Hope everything works out well for you.

#11 ·
Hi everyone,
In continuous to the problem i had, I installed a new Windows 10 and the problem is still remain, when i connect the video card (gigabyte GTX 970). I don't know if the problem is the video card or the power supply, or somthing else.

#12 ·
Hi everyone,
this problem driving me crazy.

1. I put another video card i the same PCI slot and the problem gone.
2. I test my video card on another PC and no problem.
3. Suddenly after all the tests i made i found out that it's not stuck on bios screen, after about 30-45 seconds it's continue booting up as usual. and it's works fine.

someone please can tell me what is the problem?
because i going mad with this problem.

I thought to buy a new motherboard, CPU and RAM but i don't know if this problem remain after spending money.

have a nice day guys.

#13 · (Edited)
I have to share my experience here as it is partially relevant.
I have a 3570K i5 cpu and an Intel DZ77GA-70K motherboard and a Sandisk 480 Ssd hard drive so a very similar system. I was on Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 a year ago and initially thought all was ok until I started having very odd behavior I could not explain. Freeze ups whenever I opened up QuickBooks 2015, a mic that would not stay on (kept going from full volume to 0 volume everytime I spoke into it and many more bizarre unexplainable happenings.
I then did a clean install and eventually had the same experiences. Then this year after the release of the Anniversary update I purchased a Windows 10 dvd and even more things started happening. This includes taking forever to boot up like 2 minutes, power management not working properly and I gave up. I came to the conclusion even though Windows 10 finds my hardware compatible I decided it isn't.
I went back to Windows 7 and all worked fine.
My conclusion was the hardware that was out with a version of Windows most likely willo run better with it, something I have always known.

#14 ·
I should have added my next move is to buy a new motherboard as I noticed there are a surprising number of these DZ77A Intel motherboards around for sale and it is making me very nervous that the board may be the problem as there are so few quality boards left out there for Gen 3 Intel cpus.This is one of the last boards Intel marketed as well.

#15 · (Edited)
so what actually you say is that to install windows 7 instead windows 10 that don't support my hardware. I will try this so thank you very much i will continue updating.

for the second option that you mentioned about replacing motherboard I can't find in my country (too old you know).

#16 ·
I know they are hard to find of any quality but I would bet Windows 7 would solve your issue and would try that first as I did. I tried so many different ways of installing Windows 10 and just came to the conclusion things would run better with Windows 10.
The other option might be Windows 8.1 as well because it will be supported longer than 7 and I intend to try that first as well when my new board shows up (from China) was the only place I could find one. There are plenty of my Intel boards available here but I am afraid of that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.