Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

BMW2 motherboard

This is a discussion on BMW2 motherboard within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Have an old compaq with a BMW 2 motherboard, need to place the HDD light, Power SW, etc.. does anyone

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

Have an old compaq with a BMW 2 motherboard, need to place the HDD light, Power SW, etc.. does anyone have the picture of it or where can it be found? HP/Compaq site does not

model 5000US
KB 21437984
Thanks

Old 01-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERE View Post
Have an old compaq with a BMW 2 motherboard, need to place the HDD light, Power SW, etc.. does anyone have the picture of it or where can it be found? HP/Compaq site does not

model 5000US
KB 21437984
Thanks

I believe that you want one of these three part numbers. I do NOT know the difference between these parts, but it's probably just revisions, but that's a pure guess on my part!

199354-001
199354-002
199354-003

HP does NOT have that part for sale! Best bet is to search on eBay and see what comes up or try the Google Products section.

Take a look at the images in this eBay listing and see if this is what you want:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Compaq-Presario-...QQcmdZViewItem

HTH

Bill

P.S. Your BMW-2 motherboard is known as a "Tonka" motherboard, don't laugh it's not a joke.

Bill

Old 01-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks Bill, but my problem is the configuration of the jumpers, HDD led, Power led, reset sw etc.. :::::::::: where in this MB each one goes?????
If I could get a picture I can stick tem in the right place.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERE View Post
Thanks Bill, but my problem is the configuration of the jumpers, HDD led, Power led, reset sw etc.. :::::::::: where in this MB each one goes?????
If I could get a picture I can stick tem in the right place.
Through some "hoop jumping" I found the motherboard for your Compaq Presario 5000US. It does NOT have a BMW2 motherboard! How sure are you that this is a BMW2 motherboard?

Reason I ask is that if I find a manual for either. It might lead you down the wrong path in configuring the connections. So tell me how sure you are that this is a BMW2 motherboard, please!

Bill
Old 01-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
Registered Member

I've found that the motherboard for your Compaq Presario 5000US is a FIC AZ31 motherboard. Take that with a grain of salt, please!

Bill
Old 02-15-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Hi I have a presario 5BW250 w/same board here is a picture I found on ebay I also have other files, still loking for Mitac Bios.

The board is a Mitac BMW 2 6513WU
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imgp4219pm2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	23573  
Old 02-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez4u2 View Post
Hi I have a presario 5BW250 w/same board here is a picture I found on ebay I also have other files, still looking for Mitac Bios.

The board is a Mitac BMW 2 6513WU
Ok, why are you looking for an updated BIOS for this motherboard, i.e. what feature is not there that a BIOS update would hopefully fix, i.e. larger hard driver support, more cpu's supported, etc., etc?

Bill